Bighorn vs. Garbage can.....

creeper

Bighorn vs. garbage can, garbage can wins.

Boy was a really ticked last night.

Picked up the Horn for upcoming trip. Pulled into my neighborhood and usually drive down to the cul-de-sac and turn around and then back into driveway.

We have covenants in our neighborhood. No parking on street, yet some SOB parks his trucks in the cul-de-sac all the time. He lives next to the head of the Covenant committee yet she lets him get away with it because he's the only one that talks to her.

What even steams me more is the guy owns 2 fifth wheels.

Needless to say that left me backing down the road a few hundred yards.

As I was backing my other neighbor decides it's a good time to put his garbage can out and puts it out about 3 feet from the curb. Not the little cans, but those big honking cans.

Yup you got it. Clunk..... Knocked it over and it rolls under the camper and crushes the aluminum panel...

I had to really refrain myself from going out and slashing that guys tires.

Spent a couple hours today banging out the crease to get it into some sort of shape until I get a replacement panel.

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Creeper, I thought we got over the trash thing. Dude, I would have thrown the can through the front window of his house. Sorry about your bent Horn:(. The trash strikes again:eek:. Bob:D

ChopperBill

Yep I live in a cu-de-sac also. Some kid that car pooled with the neighbors parked 90 degrees from the curb in the early morning on his days to ride. (gets to his house at about 4 a.m.) It sat there all day long and everyone had to make a turn back up and then go around him. I asked the said neighbor if his buddy could park parallel to the curb as it would be easier on everyone. THE VERY NEXT day I brought the trailer home with the fifth wheel to get ready for a big trip and the kid drives by be a gave me a look that could kill! That morning when we were going to leave my LR tire on the truck was near flat. BRAND new Michelin's. Filled the tire and unhooked and went to the tire shop. Took it off and could find nothing wrong. Never went down since. I KNOW that snot noised #&^%^*((& let the air out! Couldn't prove it though.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
sorry to hear that creeper. At least no one got hurt. I know how you feel though, Won't elaborate on that. Still miffed

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
well creeper,
being a fellow crash survivor, (look up my shakedown cruise comments), consider that at least no one was hurt physically, and I agree with Bob that u should have put that can thru his window LOL.
Accidents are y we have insurance. My repairs for my 2 crashes was $6000 but 2 $500 deductibles works for me. Sorry for your troubles but hang in there. In a couple of weeks you will be able to laugh about it. At least u didn't have to hear from everyone around how they crashed their RV and their circumstances. Grr all I wanted was to forget it even happened.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Accidents are y we have insurance. My repairs for my 2 crashes was $6000 but 2 $500 deductibles works for me.

Well, I had a problem with my BH and a concrete post ($3,800) nearly three years ago and I am still paying the surcharge on my TV premiums - it's not a free ride. No accidents or tickets in many years, so it was just that one incident.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Chuck,
I am in the same situation, but was trying to make light of creepers situation. Lighten up, please. I expect a large RV insurance increase next year also, but what are u going to do? I will cry in my beer when I get the premium notice.

iefpro01

Well personally I think it is Heartland's Fault. They should make these trailers "Trash Can" Proof...:eek:

cmart

Hey Creeper sorry to hear of your trouble. My first suggestion was to call Judge Judy but she would probably have you paying for the garbage can, so I guess just grin and bear it, things will get better.

Happy Campers

Word of mouth second hand does no good.Take it up with the kid that parks on the street or better yet,why not talk to the the woman on the commitee.Another source is talk to a couple neighbors and have them,along with you,park on the street.I always thought one good deed deserves another so why is his tires still inflated ?.Watch for him when he is changing his tire, walk over to tell him and just say "ya know i had the same thing happen to me",grin and walk off.