Over Stove Vent

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Hello Heartland,

I own a 2008 Big Country 3250 TS and noticed that the vent hood over the stove is not vented to the outside of the unit. Is it supposed to be?
If not how difficult would it be to have a dealer install the outside vent and duct?

Thanks in advance

jbeletti

Are you certain it's missing? Please take one last look. Look for a white plastic vent with a flapper door in it on the outside of the trailer being the microwave. The flapper door may be locked shut for travel.

If you do not have one, please contact your dealer and he will work with the factory on the remedy.

Thanks.

09_BC_3500RLExtRear34.jpg

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Positive. No vent / flapper on outside of rig. Also no duct/hole on the back side of the vent hood. Sounds like we're missing this feature....

jbeletti

Curt and Dee,

Please call your dealer's service department. They should be able to work with Heartland to get the parts and get it cut in.

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Email reply I rec'd from Heartland:

We do not install the vent for the range on the outside as it interferes with the slide room storage. It does not need the vent on the outside. Thanks for writing.

James Fenner
Heartland Customer Service
RVIA/RVDA Certified Tech
574-262-8030 ext.1104

I'll need to take some measurements but I don't believe the storage area that is accessible from the outside of the trailer extends that high. I'll let you know.

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
I confirmed via measurements that the outside storage compartment does not extend to a height that would interfere with a vent's installation. I've also sent this information via email to Heartlands customer service department for consideration.

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Update....while my unit was at the dealer for some warranty repair, I asked them to inquire with Heartland about the vent. Although the response I rec'd from their customer service indicated it was not possible, my dealer installed the vent with Heartlands approval at no cost. Heartland was either being generous or I should have had one from the beginning. Either way....Thank you Heartland.

Taz Devil

In the Same Boat

The last time we were out I noticed that there was no outside vent also. I thought that to be pretty strange. Don't know if that is a cost saving procedure or they are using the same type of range hoods used in most homes now days. I will have to give the service writer tomorrow and see if they would be willing to install one in ours.

driver311

the 3250s have a recycling range vent . it doesn't require a vent to the outside.

check under the vent and u will see where the air returnees to the kitchen

driver311NoneNone