possible good deal on small portable generator???

szewczyk_john

I was in Costco the other day to purchase a few items and saw a display of Generac xl2000 inverter style generators. Styled like the honda 2000 series inverter that so many have. I looked at the box and found the numbers to be similar to the Honda and other similar units. They had them for an additional 50 bucks off so they were only $500.00. That seems like a very good price for those that might be looking for a small portable generator.

I do not own any generac items and am not offering any review, just merely stating, at that price, it would be something I would be looking at if I were in the market. There has been some discussions on this forum about that style of generator in the past few months so I thought I put it out there if anyone is interested.

Which portable generator will be perfect for me???

Hi, I am a new member of this forum. I want to buy a portable generator. There have problem, I can't choice which will be better for me? There are many brand and different kind of portable generator like diesel generator, gas generator etc.I want suggestion which will be perfect for me? Please give me suggestions about it. I waiting for replay.Thanks,johnmickle.

jnbhobe

Re: Which portable generator will be perfect for me???

Buy Honda or Yamaha, I have a 3K Honda very quite.

danemayer

Re: Which portable generator will be perfect for me???

I want to buy a portable generator. There have problem, I can't choice which will be better for me? There are many brand and different kind of portable generator like diesel generator, gas generator etc.
Hi johnmickle,

Can you tell us how you plan to use the portable generator. How much run time? Are you just trying to keep battery charged while boon docking? Are you planning to use air conditioners, coffee makers, microwaves or other appliances that draw a lot of power?

GOTTOYS

If you buy a Honda or Yamaha you will be getting the best there is. You will pay more however. I sold my Honda 2000 three years after I bought it for $50.00 less than I paid for it. Very quiet and reliable. Parts and service is available anywhere. ..Don

jdfishing

Costco was carrying the Yamaha 2000 for $599 which is a great deal, considering the Honda 2000 is $999 everywhere. I have three friends who bought the Yamaha and love it. Not familiar with the Geneerac, but with Costco's return policy, buy it and try it.

Hi jdfishing, I suggest you to check this...The Yamaha EF6300iSDE moveable electrical converter Generator lived up to its name collectively of the foremost economical, dependable and powerful moveable generators within the market. It offers utmost quality extremely serves its purpose. though assembled larger because it (dimensions ar thirty three.3 x 29.5 x 28.5 inches) weighs or so two hundred pounds, lots heavier than the others, it\'s sophisticatedly designed to match and supply everything you would like once it involves probing for a distinct supply of power. It will be thought of pricey because it is oversubscribed for $3,758.00, however, it’s fantastic and distinctive options can sure justify this claim.

Thanks.
johnmickle.