Fireplace bulb replacement

Betraveln

We have a 3610 RE Bighorn. The light bulbs for the electric fireplace need to be replaced. The fireplace manual shows to remove back panel. Our problem is the fireplace in in front of the pop up TV. The fireplace has nailed on trim. Does anyone know the easy way of changing the bulbs? Thanks,

Betraveln

jimtoo

Hi Betraveln

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

I have seen some others that needed to replace a bulb in the fire place and I'm sure you need to remove the wood trim. I think it is held in place with small finishing nails and easy to remove and re-install.

I'm sure some others will jump in soon that may have done this fix.

Jim M

Moved thread to better area also.

danemayer

We have the same arrangement in our 2011 Landmark. As Jim said, the trim around the fireplace comes off by gently prying. Once off, you'll see screws in the corners mounting the fireplace. After that it's pretty easy.

I got the trim to go back in but only with some difficulty. I'll probably get rid of the brads and use thin velcro to hold it in place.

pegmikef

I think yours might be similar to mine as I have the 2014 3010RE and the fireplace is surrounded by a foam-like fake brick that is attached with brads. Happykraut walked me through his approach which was.

1. Use an xacto knife or razor knife and make a horizontal cut in the facing about an inch down on each side and make sure it severs it all the way to the plywood frame. Make the cut where it will be hard to notice when finished.

2. Use a putty knife or spackling knife and carefully pry the foam from the board. I probed in the top corner areas until I found a somewhat loose area. Most of the brads will pull through the foam and you can pull them out later. Just go slowly because this piece is reused.

3. Unplug the fireplace (mine plugs in in lower right cabinet).

4. Carefully lift the whole fireplace straight up about a half inch and pull forward. This is better with two people. The fireplace basically hangs on four screws. Look at the installation instruction to see how it is hung.

5. Here I just laid the fireplace on its face on the floor and removed the back panel and replaced the bulbs. I also cleaned all the dust from the back. I forget exactly, but I seem to remember it uses three or four forty watt decorative type bulbs (ones that flare out a little at the base and then taper to a blunt point.

6. Make sure all the brads have been removed from the frame, replace the back panel. set the fireplace upright and plug it in and test it. If it works unplug and replace the fireplace. This is a little tedious so just go slow and again this is best done with two people.

7. Place the piece of trim in the appropriate space (mine fit tightly). You can just shoot it with brads, but I used velcro tape on each end thinking bulbs don't last forever.

If yours isn't like mine, then ignore this. It may help someone else with a setup like mine.

jjwink

W had to replace ours last year. Would strongly advise if you have had one bulb burn out replace them ALL. It is no easy fix to get these fireplaces out!