Bighorn Ivory Paint

kg_nc

Anybody know where I can get the Ivory colored paint that will match the Ivory sidewalls on my Bighorn 3160el? I scratched up the door frame (don't ask how) and would like to fix it. Thanks.

brianharrison

There may be a sticker somewhere in the control closet (or elsewhere for your unit) that lists the paints used by the paint company. My 2011 has the Sikken paint codes written on a sticker inside the control closet and I have 4 small touch up cans that came with the coach. Not sure if they do that anymore.

Alternatively - call Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and maybe they have touch ups available. Possibly a large volume Bighorn dealer may have some in stock for PDI touch ups?

Hope this helps,
Brian

wdk450

I researched this recently and came up with a posting that recommended auto touch-up paint in the shade "Ford Oxford White". You should be able to get this at most auto parts stores. I haven't tried this yet, but we can always sand it back off if it isn't right.

wdk450

I may have tripped up on the subject when I posted a reply in this thread last week. The original poster said that he was looking for "Ivory" paint, and I am not sure this is the same as the white paint that is on my Bighorn and used by Heartland for their beginning years.

Anyways, I posted that I had read on the forum in an old post that Ford Oxford White was a close match to the original Heartland White, so I got a can of Duplicolor Ford Oxford White at AutoZone. I sprayed a small test area on the upper surface of the hitch overhang fiberglass. I found the dried result to be pretty close, but slightly, noticeably, darker than the original Heartland White. With some more nosing around the internet, I learned that there are actually 2 shades of Ford Oxford White, Ford color codes YZ and Z1. Looking at the color samples on a non-Duplicolor repair paint manufacturer's Ford webpage I can see that YZ (old Ford Oxford White) on top of Z1 (new Ford Oxford White) pretty closely duplicates what I see on the test area. So, I would conclude that the newer Z1 code better duplicates the Heartland White than the older YZ code. The problem is that the universally available Duplicolor doesn't make such a distinction (says it works for both YZ and Z1 codes) and looks more like the darker YZ code. Some of the specialty duplicate color providers online have slightly different paints for these 2 colors, instead of just 1 for both. So I am going to get me some of that Z1 paint and see how that looks. I will let the forum know.
Here is that other brand color chip page with the 2 Ford Oxford Whites at the bottom: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/2013/f150/

kg_nc

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the response. Oxford white isn't close to the ivory on my trailer which is much more yellow. I'm going to call customer service and see what they say. Thanks again.