Water pump location on a Sundance XLT 277RL

Torres

We just returned from our first 2015 camping trip and found out the water pump on our 2014 Sundance XLT 277RL stopped working. I checked the fuse in the electrical box and the fuse labeled pump/ monitor was good. is there a fuse on the pump itself ? where is the pump on this trailer, any help will be greatly appreciated

bigdob24

I would guess if you open the basement compartment and empty it out. Then there will be several screws holding the back wall. If you remove them and take the wall down all the plumbing and the pump included should be in there.
Have a look around and check it all out, you may find your hot water bypass valves in all the mess too.
Thats something that you will need to find sometime too.
The pump will have two nuts that can be unscrewed and a couple wires and several screws holding it in place .
Hope this helps.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Anyone know what's the best way to quiet down the water pump. It vibrates the whole trailer when turned on. Does it just need to be tightened down or maybe place rubber cushions at the feet and secure tightly on to floor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We added an old mousepad under ours, I think it helped some. If you can put foam wrap around lines exiting the pump where they may be hammering, that can help. We switched to a variable-speed pump that seems to be quieter. Some have added an accumulator tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrgrs50s

In my basement compartment there is a cutout approximately 14" x 14" near the back of the UDC that has 4 screws, that when removed, will give access to the water pump for winterizing. To get full access you will need to pull that whole wall down instead of just the cut out. It also has 4 screws with the square head.

My pump stopped working and when I checked it, it was really hot. After it cooled down it started working again, but will occasionally overheat again. I did not see a fuse at the pump on mine, I'm thinking it may have an internal fuse that resets itself. My fuse at the box was also good. Check your wire nuts that connect the 12 volt source to the pump and make sure one has not come loose. Also check your voltage while your there before deciding on a new pump, or taking it to the dealer.

There is a kit available from amazon and other sources that consist of 2 soft water lines that loop to the pump that is supose to assist in quieting the pump, but some just learn to live with it instead.