LG French door refrigerator

rexnar

We bought our 2015 Cyclone 4100 Saturday Feb 28,2015 went over everything after signing papers and everything worked. However when they delivered it Sunday March 1, 2015 the refrigerator did not work. We have checked everything we could think of except pulling it out to see if it may have come unplugged while in transit. It seems that possibly no power is getting to it? We called heartland and they advised us it would be $150 service charge for someone to come out. Any one have any suggestions?

danemayer

Hi rexnar,

Sorry to year you're having a problem with the fridge. Hopefully it's something simple. I assume you're plugged into shore power.

Let me also assume that "did not work" means no cooling, no lights when opening the door, nothing showing on the control panel, if it has one. Also assume that the fridge is turned ON (dealer might have turned it OFF).

First thing to check would be the 110V circuit breaker panel. Flip the refrigerator circuit breaker OFF then ON in case it tripped. Sometimes when the breakers trip, they look ok because they move only slightly.

If that doesn't help, turn off the circuit breaker for the fridge and try to get it running on battery power. There's probably a remote button for the refrigerator's power inverter (that converts 12V DC from the battery into 110V AC). It probably looks like this.
inverter remote switch crop.jpg
By starting the inverter, with the 110V circuit breaker OFF, the fridge should start running on battery power. If it doesn't, go into the front storage compartment under the pinbox and press the reset button on the GFCI outlet on the Inverter.
inverter local switch annotated crop.jpg
There should be an outlet on the inverter, with a cord running to a transfer switch. Where the cord plugs into the outlet, there should be a TEST button and a RESET button. Press the RESET button.

If the fridge still doesn't run on battery, and doesn't run on 110V shore power (with circuit breaker ON), you may have a problem with the transfer switch. It's also possible, but unlikely, that the fridge has come unplugged at the outlet it plugs into, which you may not easily get to.

You can scope this all out in more detail by taking a look at our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
How far away is your dealer?? Call them and ask for help as they made the $$$$ on the sale. What you did not say....are you plugged into shore power or running on 12V. If 12V...then maybe the battery cut off switch is turned off. Does the genset run??

rexnar

How far away is your dealer?? Call them and ask for help as they made the $$$$ on the sale. What you did not say....are you plugged into shore power or running on 12V. If 12V...then maybe the battery cut off switch is turned off. Does the genset run??

We are plugged into shore power and have tried the battery and the generator. Nothing works. Next step is to undo bolts and check plug in

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The refrigerator plug is in the cabinet next to the refrigerator. The plug should be near the floor behind several drawers.

rexnar

We bought our 2015 Cyclone 4100 Saturday Feb 28,2015 went over everything after signing papers and everything worked. However when they delivered it Sunday March 1, 2015 the refrigerator did not work. We have checked everything we could think of except pulling it out to see if it may have come unplugged while in transit. It seems that possibly no power is getting to it? We called heartland and they advised us it would be $150 service charge for someone to come out. Any one have any suggestions?
Update..... We got home pushed all the button checked all the boxes so had a service man come out..... 150$ later we tackled the NOT SO EASY TASK OF PULLING THE FRIDGE OUT OF THE HOLE! Might I add not an easy task ----- IT WAS UNPLUGGED! Apparently it wasn't plugged in complelty and then the bouncing during transit finished jiggling it out. When putting it back into its place we noticed that if your not careful because the hole is such a tight fit that you will partially unplug it again then there will be the same issue the next time you travel. Not to mention that pulling it out also damaged the faceplate of the slide (just cosmetic) but the aggravation is that it's brand new and having all this was overwhelming see as they just don't give these suckers away! Thank you everyone for the help. LOVE OUR CAMPER just learning to operate is TAKING A FEW DAYS!!

OP: Furnace issue has been moved to its own thread here. Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

rexnar

Thank you and I apologize I'm just learning how to use this sight. This sight has been the most help.... Way better than the response when we try to call the help desk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thank you and I apologize I'm just learning how to use this sight. This sight has been the most help.... Way better than the response when we try to call the help desk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries - keep on posting and learning the forum. You'll be an expert in no time and before you now it, you'll be helping others :)