30# Propane Tank - 15# Lighter

jbeletti

By making standard, a Residential Refrigerator (AC only) and an Induction Cooktop (AC only)* and no Propane Oven* in the new Landmark 365 product, this has lessened dependency on Propane as compared to its predecessor. As such, the standard** propane tank size is now 30 pounds.

I filled my 30 pound tanks for the first time today. It was nice carrying 55 pounds versus 70 pounds. And as they are shorter, I could lug them both at the same time, though my arms may be longer now :)

Anyway - just wanted to say that I like carrying less weight when having to lug these full tanks back to load them into the RV versus a full 40 pound tank.

For us now, we'll use propane for the generator, the furnace and very occassionally, the water heater for when we want faster recovery or are camping in someone's back yard :)

* At this time, a Propane Range/Oven combo can be optioned in place of the Induction Cooktop
** At this time, 40 pound propane tanks can be optioned in place of the 30 pound tanks

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your downsizing even though I wouldn't call anything on a Landmark downsizing. I carry two 1 pound bottles in the "Lil Guy".lol The same ones that go to my camp stove. Last about a week and Debbie can carry them.

davebennington

I still like the 40# tanks, less trips to get them refilled. By the way Jim you still need propane for the furnace. Ask me how I know, our unit is about 3 months old and I had to refill the 30# tanks at least 4 times so far. Cheap heat is a good investment. I see it in our future.

dave

jbeletti

We need pics Jim!

Rod

Pics soon Rod. It's still in the shop! Actually, it's still at MORryde getting the IS and Disc Brakes put on. Should be finished this morning. The exterior is really dirty from the snow and road grime around here during transport. My truck is salty-white :(

jbeletti

I still like the 40# tanks, less trips to get them refilled. By the way Jim you still need propane for the furnace. Ask me how I know, our unit is about 3 months old and I had to refill the 30# tanks at least 4 times so far. Cheap heat is a good investment. I see it in our future.

dave

Dave - I forgot about the furnace! I edited my post :) That said, we use the heat pumps as often as we can. Of course, below 40 degrees F outside and we need to fire up the furnace.

Cheap Heat - yes! I wish :( I've heard only good about it but it won't be anytime soon that we will offer it and therefore, I won't be allowed to add it to my demo coach. insert another sad face :(