Another dissapointment

I came home after an overnight trip to find the floor in the living room soaked with water. The trailer was not connected to city water and the pump was not on. I had used the pump before i left. I rarely used the pump. Maybe two times in eight months. I found the pump to be leaking. There is what looks like a filter connected as part of the pump. It was barely hand tight.

danemayer

Hi HarleyCowboy,

The trailer was not connected to city water and the pump was not on.

Do you have a theory on how water from the pump got to the living room if the pump was off? Is the pump on the same level as the living room floor?

I'm wondering if there's some other cause - maybe freeze damage to an ice maker water feed line? Texas has had some cold weather recently.

Hi Dan. I turned on the pump and saw the leak from the pump. The pump is sitting on the floor at the same level and on top of the floor covering. No doubt where the water came from

TxCowboy

OK, sounds like you found and fixed the issue. A shop vac and a fan (maybe a heat fan if available) to dry out the carpet and/or wood and you should be good to go.

avvidclif

I don't know about my new trailer but the last would hold pressure on the system for several days after the pump was turned off.