Monitor panel seems to not be working

Brought home a new BHS285 a couple of weeks ago. There is still about 10 inches of snow around my house so I have been forced to put it in driveway and wait for better weather to use it. I plugged it in as soon as I got home to keep the batteries charged as the dealer said that the CO monitor will drain the batteries in few weeks time if it not plugged in. The other day I was out looking things over and I tried the monitor panel, the one that tells how full your tanks are and your battery condition, well nothing lit up. The lights all work, the slid out moves in and out, the furnace turns on, so I know the electrical is working, but nothing on the monitor. I have read owners manual and cannot find any information about the panel either. I even unplugged the electrical from my house and then tested and still nothing. I cannot see any fuses blown either.

Anyone know if I am missing something before I call the dealer and haul it back out there to have it looked at.

Thanks

newman

Mine acted very much the same when it was new. The problem was a combination of the fuse being loose and a couple of the wires were not very secure on the back of the panel. After I tightened those up, everything worked fine. Hope this helps.

Uncle Rog

Cowboy, I concur, check the fuses closely and the connection at the panel also.
By doing some stuff your self it gives you an idea what things look like, plus it saves a (some times) frustrating trip to the dealer..............

Thanks guys, I will check the wiring and fuses again. It has just been too cold to do much with the unit yet. I will try to have a look at it this weekend.

Quick follow up...

I checked the fuses and found one that had blown. I replaced the fuse and the panel worked. I then hit the switch for the water pump to see of it was working and pop... the fuse blew the instant I hit the switch. I called the dealer and I talked with one of the technicians. He said that they tested the water pump and winterized the trailer before I took deliver and the pump worked at that time. He said that most likely the problem is that there is probably a small amount of water frozen in the pump head and when I try to turn it on, it overloads and blows the fuse. The technician told me that this was very common and many times in the winter when the new units come to them from the factory, they have a small amount of water left in the pump head and the fuse blows until the water unfreezes. He said that this small amount of water does not damage the pump and that I just needed to either thaw the pump head out or wait for the weather to warm up.

Wouldn't you know it, I buy a new RV and we have had the "best" and coldest winter I can remember having in probably 20 years here. I still have 6-10 inches of snow in my yard and we have only had a few days of temps reaching the 40 degree mark. Last year this time I think I had already mowed my lawn once. No complaints though we have had a severe drought here for the last 7-8 years and all this water is welcome, but I want to go camping!!!!

yrusohi

Mine is doing exaclty the opposite---When I press the button, ALL of the lights come on. I tried unplugging, disconntecting 12v and then re-connecting all. Still nothing. Tried with the generator running as well.

Any ideas????

wdk450

Screwy Tank Monitor

Mine is doing exaclty the opposite---When I press the button, ALL of the lights come on. I tried unplugging, disconntecting 12v and then re-connecting all. Still nothing. Tried with the generator running as well.

Any ideas????

I just finished dumping all 3 tanks, came in and saw that all 3 tank levels are reading 3/4 full. I can understand contamination on the black tank, but not on the other tanks. Should I try to get this corrected under warranty or get a better tank gauge system?
I tried the black tank flusher one time, and got a strong lingering smell in the bathroom area. I am worried that this is not working right as many people have reported.
I am in a campground on shore power.

Uncle Rog

If you have full hookups I would crank on the faucets and fill the tanks to max then dump again, maybe even twice, and see if there was any production related debri that could be flushed out...........If you are getting an odor from the flush system I would not use it again until the connections can be checked, that is a smell you do not need..........