Cyclone 4100 Loft Question

pro668

Right above the loft ladder in the 4100, there is a large lip that young kids have to get over. When my 6 year old is coming back down, she has to get up and over that lip, which hurts her belly, and her legs are not long enough to get to the rung she needs. Has anyone been able to do anything with that lip to make it easier to get over? Thanks.

mixie57

We removed the lip by removing that piece and taking a circular saw and cutting it in half (measure first). Now it is flush with the floor of the loft. We also added 2 handles on the floor so you have something to grab ahold of. I will try to post a picture.

mixie57

We didn't make ours flush as our grandkids are bigger but you can cut it as needed. We have cats, need I say more (pardon the dirt & cat hair in the pics). Didn't want them in the loft. One of the new rescues clawed up the vinyl trim so we had ordered replacement vinyl from Heartland with the intention of replacing it. When we got around to it, it was easy. The current vinyl is stapled on. The buttons pop off to reveal screws. We just measured, drew a line and used the circular saw (it is plastic by the way). You can go to Joann's Fabrics and get a vinyl to match and way cheaper than the $50 we paid thru Heartland. The handles are from Lowes or Home Depot and made a big difference getting in and out of the loft. We placed them where our hands go naturally to climb in and out. Good Luck!
e2984a40e2b06787ab1425769c758bc9.jpg

5fecaefb1a997fef1d6b23aebf1b6cc8.jpg
74a0273baf9b157b2937a51d94842e9d.jpg

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We didn't make ours flush as our grandkids are bigger but you can cut it as needed. We have cats, need I say more (pardon the dirt & cat hair in the pics). Didn't want them in the loft. One of the new rescues clawed up the vinyl trim so we had ordered replacement vinyl from Heartland with the intention of replacing it. When we got around to it, it was easy. The current vinyl is stapled on. The buttons pop off to reveal screws. We just measured, drew a line and used the circular saw (it is plastic by the way). You can go to Joann's Fabrics and get a vinyl to match and way cheaper than the $50 we paid thru Heartland. The handles are from Lowes or Home Depot and made a big difference getting in and out of the loft. We placed them where our hands go naturally to climb in and out. Good Luck!

Nice mods on the loft. It would be nice if designers took a little more consideration of kids usage in areas in their designs. When we looked at many brands and models of RVs this winter, I sometimes left wondering "What were they thinking?". Kids were not the limitation in that thought either. Floor vents being cut in front of entry doors right where everyone steps and blind floor elevation changes in the front bedrooms were the most common. I don't care to clean and replace floor vents all the time and I certainly do not want to take trip every time I go to bed.

iowaone

We trimmed ours as well. We just trimmed the part in the opening. Made a huge difference. We also made flat steps and placed them on top of the round rungs. Now kids and adults can use them without killing tour feet. Made my wife very happy.