Could someone tell who makes my audio/video system? 2014 NT 32BUDS

Ranchdip

Anyone know who makes this unit? This thing sounds horrible and I want to replace it with maybe a Jensen or something half way decent. Thanks

IMG_7330.JPG

Last edited:

Ranchdip

North Trail owners deserve better. Does it work, yes but it is a poor poor excuse for sound quality. I don't expect much from RV installed systems but this unit is cheap. I'm sorry but this unit doesn't belong with solid surface counter tops, electric awning, and hidden cabinet hinges.

Last edited:

avvidclif

I agree. Mine came with a Sony Surround sound system that including speakers is $129 at Wally World. Bet yours isn't that cheap. I don't think Jensen is an upgrade either, probably more of a sideways move.

Ranchdip

Yeah, I would have said the same thing....however at 6 watts a channel the Magnadyne is terrible. I just can't imagine it sounding this bad. I've actually heard some decent reviews about the latest Jensen unit. I'm sure it's not on the level of Pioneer or Denon but it has to sound better than this unit/speaker combo. One would hope so anyway.

It's my only complaint so far with my NT.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yeah, I would have said the same thing....however at 6 watts a channel the Magnadyne is terrible. I just can't imagine it sounding this bad. I've actually heard some decent reviews about the latest Jensen unit. I'm sure it's not on the level of Pioneer or Denon but it has to sound better than this unit/speaker combo. One would hope so anyway.

It's my only complaint so far with my NT.

Try upgrading your speakers first . . . you may find that will make your system sound better!

Our Trail Runner has the Jensen stereo . . . and both the inside and outside speakers were junk!

I've replaced the inside speakers and now it sounds much better.

The outside speakers, well . . . maybe this summer I'll replace them with some real speakers, too!

One other thing . . . whomever wires these stereos at the factory apparently doesn't know much about audio wiring . . .

When I replaced the inside speakers, I spent the better part of one day trying to figure out what the heck was going on with the wiring!

Ranchdip

I hear ya. Speakers should help. I'm not sure what speakers I can find that will be efficient at 6 watts but a speaker replacement is a reasonable starting point for sure. Thanks

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
This is an issue with me as well. All this nice rv with a tin can stereo system. My neighbor has a Keystone with the same system. He "upgraded" to the Jensen and it sounded the same. He took it back and then added an amp and all new speakers and what a difference. That is going to be my first spring project. I am going to switch out the speakers first and see what happens.

Ranchdip

That's exactly the news I was needing. Thanks! I wasn't sure if the jensen would take the audio up to the next level or not. I'll throw in an amp and some speakers as well. Sounds like the ticket. Thanks again!

JohnD

I have the Jensen stereo in mine . . .

I replaced the inside speakers with good speakers and it sounds much better.

The outside speakers are junk as well . . .

Hbushey

You're not the only one. Our 2015 NT 24BHS Caliber Edition has the exact same junk radio. Will most likely do a major upgrade down the road. The off-brand TV the rig came with has better sound, which is sad.

rockerdude

I've always wondered why they can't put a decent sound system in RV's. You spend $50K on a 5th wheel, you would think you could at least have a half way decent sounding system.
The speakers that came in my Big Country are SO BAD, it actually irritated me to play my Jensen when watching TV or listening to music. So the first thing I did, was buy a sound bar. Now everything that goes through the TV, has much better sound and way more bass.
I have an expensive Bose system that I can no longer use since we moved to a smaller house, so I'm going to see if I can put in my Big Country. It's 5 speaker, a sub woofer and a receiver. Wish me luck.....

JohnD

I've always wondered why they can't put a decent sound system in RV's. You spend $50K on a 5th wheel, you would think you could at least have a half way decent sounding system.
The speakers that came in my Big Country are SO BAD, it actually irritated me to play my Jensen when watching TV or listening to music. So the first thing I did, was buy a sound bar. Now everything that goes through the TV, has much better sound and way more bass.
I have an expensive Bose system that I can no longer use since we moved to a smaller house, so I'm going to see if I can put in my Big Country. It's 5 speaker, a sub woofer and a receiver. Wish me luck.....

I had upgraded the inside ceiling speakers in our 2013 Trail Runner and was going to leave them in it when we traded it in last week . . . but at the last minute I decided to pull them out and put the stock junk speakers back in.

We just picked up our new trailer yesterday, and I will be putting those speakers in the new trailer, along with the two LED TV's and the JackTV antenna that I removed from the Trail Runner.

Hoping to get that done tonight!

sjs731

I recommend Alpine SPS-M600 speakers for the outside. I have a post in the "What did you do to your camper today" thread.

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

MagnoliaTom

I had the same system in my SOB trailer. I added a powered subwoofer that I had from an old surround sound system from my house to it and it sounded great. There's an RCA plug for sub out in rear of the unit that worked perfectly. It really made a huge difference. May be worth trying. My .02

SeattleLion

We had Jensen in our last RV a travel trailer. It was horrible. Jensen, in my opinion, is junk. Best is to use quality consumer components.

JohnD

Remember back when Jensen was 'The Name' in auto sound?

Not any more . . .