Switch couch and recliners on 3685RL

mscheib04

I have a 2012 3685RL and would like to switch therecliners and thecouch. It doesn't appear the slides will close with the couch in the rear of the coach. Has anyone done this if. So please let me know what you did. The alternative is to either buy another couch that is not as deep, any suggestions?

Thank you,
mark

jimtoo

Hi mark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

In most of the units the couch is to wide to change locations to rear of the unit. Some folks have purchased a smaller (skinnier) couch, some have replaced it with more recliners. Just need to measure and find something that will fit.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

BOBBY77

I am looking to do the same thing I have a 2014 3685 RL only have 32" in rear looking for a foldout couch that does not cost $1800-$2100 and then put a large reclining love seat where the couch is

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I also would like to make the same switch in my 2009 3055RL. I have looked online at a lot of couch/love seat models, but finding it very hard to locate anything for any price that will fit. May have to go with "sliders" under the legs of couch and recliners and move them around when staying for a reasonable length of time until I find something.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

osims

bsims
On our previous rig we removed the couch, moved recliners to the rear and bought theater seating and put it where the recliners were

rmathews

My 2016 3585RL has a couch along the back wall ...and recliiners next to the table.
This couch may work for you ...as it fits behind the 2 slides.

chasdvorak

We have a 2009 BH 3580 and experienced the same problem. You will most likely risk damage to the slides and couch if you try to force the fit.

We went with the sliders and it has worked well. Awhile back, you could order a single huge slider that fit under the recliner base. I think we got them from Flair Furniture, but I don't know if the sliders are still available. We use conventional sliders on the couch.

We move the couch to the rear position when we are at our seasonal site or staying more than a day or two at a campground while traveling...it's become part of the routine when we get up n go.

falk1rk

We have a 2009 3055RL too and have the same issue. We were using the slider deals to move the couch and recliners around every time. This last time we left the couch at the back and tipped it onto its back and the slides just barely miss the legs of the couch. We towed it home 2 hours and it seemed to ride just fine. I did use a tie down strap to hold to couch from moving just in case. At some point I want to find a replacement couch but till them we are going to do it this way for a while.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
We have a 2009 3055RL too and have the same issue. We were using the slider deals to move the couch and recliners around every time. This last time we left the couch at the back and tipped it onto its back and the slides just barely miss the legs of the couch. We towed it home 2 hours and it seemed to ride just fine. I did use a tie down strap to hold to couch from moving just in case. At some point I want to find a replacement couch but till them we are going to do it this way for a while.

Interesting option. I hadn't thought of that.