Truck Bed Hoist

Forrest Fetherolf

I have attached photos of a way to remove/install/store the hitch-pin. This would also work for those of you with heavy portable generators. I like to remove the hitch-pin when not towing to provide additional bed space and prevent theft. The hoist can be secured in the truck bed or removed/stored. Hoist can be purchased from Harbor Freight about $80.00, weighs 42.5 lbs, the dolly about $30.00.

Forrest

Attachments

• Truck Bed Hoist001 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist001 Resized.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Truck Bed Hoist002 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist002 Resized.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Truck Bed Hoist003 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist003 Resized.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Truck Bed Hoist004 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist004 Resized.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Truck Bed Hoist005 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist005 Resized.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Truck Bed Hoist006 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist006 Resized.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Truck Bed Hoist007 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist007 Resized.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Truck Bed Hoist008 Resized.JPG
    Truck Bed Hoist008 Resized.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 69

jbeletti

Nice Forrest. Thanks for sharing.

I have the electric hoist from Harbor Freight with plans to intall it inside the garage and drop the line and hook down between the opened garage door and the front wall. Then same as you - drop it into a moving dolly.

Thanks again for sharing.

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
Jeez, I really like that idea. Though I really like your clean garage. I can barely walk through mine :(

Uncle Rog

Hey Forrest, does that unit just bolt to the bed or is the black unit next to it on the wall part of it?
I already looked at the HF site, couldn't find it yet...............
That is a lot easier than my engine hoist!

Forrest Fetherolf

Rog,

The hoist base is bolted thru the bed floor with a 14"x12"x3/8" aluminum backing plate under the bed. If you look real close a the photos, you will see 2 hex head bolts about 7" left of the hoist base. They bolt thru the backing plate to provide additional support keeping the bed floor from flexing or bending when the hoist arm is extended and load attached. The bed is not strong enough without a backing plate.

Forrest

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Hey, looks like a husky hitch with slider. I have one just like it. I just pull the pins and pick it up by hand. Never had a problem. Easier then pulling the bucket of the tractor.

Forrest Fetherolf

Hey, looks like a husky hitch with slider. I have one just like it. I just pull the pins and pick it up by hand. Never had a problem. Easier then pulling the bucket of the tractor.

Wow! D.E.

If you can pick it up, get it out of the truck without getting greasy, mashing fingers, scuffing the bed liner/tail gate, or wrecking your back ............ then you are the "MAN". Wheaties or Cheerios????? :rolleyes:

Forrest

nhunter

I like the hoist idea, but I am like D E. I pull the latch off of the slider and take it out in two pieces. The hoist would be good to get my fat lab into the box though. And like everyone else, your garage is too clean:p

Jimmyt5

I just pull the rail pins,leave it connected to RV and lift it out with front jacks and leave it hang on the RV....No work no storeing.............

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well Forrest, clean garage, chevy trk, neat idea, and looks like Henderson to me. Jimmy5 thats really sounds cool never thought of that. All you guys are just full of it. Ideas I mean. Bob:D

DaleR

Great idea. But you have to pity a person with that clean of a garage, they don't have all the treasures the rest of us have.

Packer