TST 507 Purchase

'Lil Guy'

About to order the TST 507 but not sure aout which sensor to by. The standard where you change your own batts or the commercial grade sensor? I don't want the flow thru sensors. Is there a weight difference in the two. I do have metal valve stems. Something about hanging a weight on the end of the stem bothers me. I think the lighter the better. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

MotoLynx27x

I just ordered the 507 from Vulcan Tire and originally I ordered the kit with the flow through valves but they sent me the replaceable cap style units instead. When they realized thier error, they sent me four of the flow through style. Both have replaceable batts, and both weight only a few ounces or less, not enough to throw off the tires balance.

Looking at at both side by side, I actually have started to like the flow through so even more, because it will make topping off much easier instead of having to search for the little tool to take the sensors off each time. The flow throughs allow the tires to be inflated while using the monitor to check pressure live. Be advised as others have reported that the pressure shown on the kit can be off by 1-2 lbs from an actual tire gauge.

Also, I went ahead and purchased the 507 repeater because my rig is 30 feet and at around that distance the system can loose connectivity.

Either way you go, you should be happy with the system!

ILH

To be honest, topping up the tires without flow-through is not a big deal.

Typically when I'm getting ready to move the trailer, I turn on the receiver and let it acquire the signals while I do other jobs. If any tires need adjustment, they take a minute or two. The biggest amount of time is getting the compressor out or set up. With the special too in-hand you can remove the cap in the same time it takes to remove a normal valve cap.

dbbls59

I have the flow through sensors but after a year it is impossible to get air through them. I have to remove them to air up the tires.

porthole

Retired
I just ordered the 507 from Vulcan Tire and originally I ordered the kit with the flow through valves but they sent me the replaceable cap style units instead. When they realized thier error, they sent me four of the flow through style. Both have replaceable batts, and both weight only a few ounces or less, not enough to throw off the tires balance.

Looking at at both side by side, I actually have started to like the flow through so even more, because it will make topping off much easier instead of having to search for the little tool to take the sensors off each time. The flow throughs allow the tires to be inflated while using the monitor to check pressure live. Be advised as others have reported that the pressure shown on the kit can be off by 1-2 lbs from an actual tire gauge.

Also, I went ahead and purchased the 507 repeater because my rig is 30 feet and at around that distance the system can loose connectivity.

Either way you go, you should be happy with the system!

The "anti theft" version work just as well with those caps removed. Then it is as simple as a normal valve stem cap. I have not concerned myself with having the caps on. I figure if someone is looking to steal the caps, they already have the tool.

Now if you have a Ford DRW, you can't even get the anti theft version on the rear inners without removing the outer wheel.

As to the tire gauge versus the sensors, with the average tire gauge most people use, I'd trust the sensor first.

whp4262

I have the TST system and use flow thru sensors on the inside duals and non flow thru on the rest of the tires. I also found that once you get some dirt inside the outer theft proof cap it gets gritty enough to take them off without the tool so I removed the outer cap on the truck sensors. I also agree with porthole, if someone wants to steel them they will probably have the tool to remove them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

I have the 507 system w/o the flow thru style. My batteries lasted about 2 seasons before I started to get low battery warnings on some of the sensors. Having the replaceable battery type sensors..is very handy. My tow vehicle is 22 feet long and the trailer is 38 plus feet, never needed the signal repeater, mine has always worked perfect as it is.