Bighorn - Frigidaire Refridgerator

Bigdad

I have 2015 Bighorn 3160EL that the ice maker won't work. My question is do I have to move the island to get the fridge out or just remove the door? I have water going out to the bleeder valve but can't access the back of the fridge to see if the line is kinked without pulling fridge?

danemayer

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Frigidaire Refridgerator

Hi Bigdad,

If there's water coming out the water dispenser, water should get to the ice maker as well. On the Frigidaire units I've seen, the water is routed through a chilling coil in the refrigerator compartment and from there to both the water dispenser and ice maker.

If the cutoff valve to the frig was recently turned ON, it may take a few cycles before the ice maker starts making ice.

Make sure the bail arm is down. Check the water filter too.

You should be able to start the ice maker cycle manually by holding the ice maker on/off switch in the | position for 15 seconds.

If you don't have your refrigerator manual, we have them posted in the manuals section of the forum. Here's a link.

We also have an owner-written Residential Refrigerator User Guide that you may find helpful.

Attachments

• ice maker switch annotated.jpg
    ice maker switch annotated.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 39

Brazos

Bigdad,
I have a 2015 3570RS Bighorn with the residential frig. I have had to shut my icemaker down due to dripping water coming from the slide with the frig. I shut the water down under the island sink. I will fix the leak myself. The dealer told me to call Sears to have them fix the frig. They say they cannot touch it. Imagine that.

I will have to remove the doors from the frig as it appears right now. I don't think there is enough room to slide the frig out to get to the back of the frig with the doors on. I plan on building a platform in front of the frig to slide the frig out on. This will help protect the slide under the frig. I think this leak may simply be from a line connection to the frig.

Bigdad

Bigdad,
I have a 2015 3570RS Bighorn with the residential frig. I have had to shut my icemaker down due to dripping water coming from the slide with the frig. I shut the water down under the island sink. I will fix the leak myself. The dealer told me to call Sears to have them fix the frig. They say they cannot touch it. Imagine that.

I will have to remove the doors from the frig as it appears right now. I don't think there is enough room to slide the frig out to get to the back of the frig with the doors on. I plan on building a platform in front of the frig to slide the frig out on. This will help protect the slide under the frig. I think this leak may simply be from a line connection to the frig.

Thanks for the info especially about building a platform.

I had the same issue with mine. I was able to slide the frig out far enough to get behind it. The problem is they pinched the water line when the installed the frig and it turned into a pin hole leak. I replaced the water line with a braided ice maker water line to hopefully end the problem. I used the square yellow leveling blocks for the ramp, almost perfect height. While working on the frig check out the floor underneath it, mine is sagging from the weight of the frig.
With two people not too hard of a fix.

Skip