Cannot play a dvd on Sony living room tv

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
For the life of me, I cannot get a DVD to play on our Sony TV. we have a '13 Landmark and I have checked the cables. Sounds plays from the surround, but nothing on the TV. I tried resetting the HDMI from the TV settings to. No avail and I'm sure I have the right input selected (see attacHed pic).

I would appreciate any insight.
e20751eae79c4f850d030d88088f3a05.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DocFather

Most likely the sound is playing from the surround sound. Is that correct?

Maybe run a separate HDMI cable directly from the Surround Sound to the TV input, to verify you do not have a bad cable hooked up now.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Also check where the HDMI cable is plugged in. It may be plugged into the wrong input or output.
Or just try selecting another HDMI in the TV input menu.

Peace
Dave

mixie57

Ours quit working. It "ate" DVDs and refused to give them back. The DVDs wouldn't play either. We replaced with Sony home theater (with speakers) from Walmart for $198. We didn't replace the speakers as they were same connection so we boxed up the extra speakers and will be putting them in storage.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Correct. Sound is coming from the surround. I've cycled through all the inputs, but I'm sure the dvd is HDMI 1 as I traced the cable from the DVD to the TV and even reseated the cable to ensure a solid connection. Since I have sound (just no video) and the DVD plays on at least two other systems, I believe the DVD is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Correct. Sound is coming from the surround. I've cycled through all the inputs, but I'm sure the dvd is HDMI 1 as I traced the cable from the DVD to the TV and even reseated the cable to ensure a solid connection. Since I have sound (just no video) and the DVD plays on at least two other systems, I believe the DVD is fine.

Try switching the HDMI cable to a different HDMI input on the TV . . .

And if that doesn't work . . . try a different HDMI cable.