Refrigerator Access

bobw

I just had to have the residential refrigerator removed so that the water line could be repaired. It was found to have been pinched when the refrigerator was installed. I have seen many posts due to water line problems. My question to Heartland is why don't you put an access panel on the outside behind the residential refrigerator?:confused:

Brazos

bobw,
I think that is an excellent suggestion. I am having the frig line connection problem also. I caught my leak and shut the supply off I hope before it did a lot of damage. It does look like I might have to do some slide floor repair. Not sure until I get the frig slid out. Being a former contractor I can tell you leaking frig lines can cause a lot of damage over time if not caught and fixed. At the least a braided line with good connections would go a long way in helping to alleviate some of these frig line problems.
But there is always that sure fix floating around out there, just don't put an icemaker in the frig.

DocFather

images

T

TomMontague

All great suggestions. Please note there is an access panel in the bottom drawer to the left of the refer ( near the storage slot for the sink/stove covers ). You should be able to access the line from there. I think you have to remove two small screws.

As for the compartment door outside behind the refer I will ask engineering about the idea.

Talk soon
Tom

Brazos

My intention is to not hijack this thread that bobw started.
Rereading the thread I may be the one with the line problem since bobw had his line repaired. My 3570RS Bighorn has a cabinet with a door next to the frig with a division wall between the frig and the cabinet with the door. In the back of that cabinet there is a removable panel which is not serving a purpose other than to help retain what is placed in the bottom of the cabinet. There is no removable side panel to the frig. There is the divider wall between the frig and that cabinet that will not allow access to the back of the frig without cutting through the divider wall. The wall is double sided. This would possibly require a cover panel on each side of the wall to cover the cutout. The inside panel of the wall inside of the cabinet serves as the end panel for inside the cabinet and over the counter top, the second side serves as the finish panel for the frig side.