Millenicom goes BELLY UP... Now What? Are there any good carriers out there?

icechex

Extremely frustrating trying to find a suitable replacement for Millenicom. Verizon wants $130 for 20GB what a ripoff!

Does anyone know of anything decent out there as far as Wi-fi goes?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
There service was through Verizon so the will be just as good, but yes if it is a new plan, very expensive. I had Verizon prior to there change in Plans and have 40 gigs for about the same price. Just a little more.

DocFather

Verizon bought out Mellenicom back in October. Supposedly, existing account pricing did not change. But I did not verify with Verizon.

chiefneon

Howdy!

If your not going with Verizon and you travel the next best thing would be AT&T. I beleive they have rollover data that is not used now. You missed your best chance when Verizon took back there accounts from Millencom. At that time they offered double they data, I pay $110.00 for 30gb with the veterans discount. We had Sprint when we wet fulltime with unlimited data, and found it was very poo service traveling. Waited for years fr Sprint to improve their service and finally gave up and went totally with Verizon. I would say the best coverage is having some of Verizon and AT&T together.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Howdy!

If your not going with Verizon and you travel the next best thing would be AT&T. I beleive they have rollover data that is not used now. You missed your best chance when Verizon took back there accounts from Millencom. At that time they offered double they data, I pay $110.00 for 30gb with the veterans discount. We had Sprint when we wet fulltime with unlimited data, and found it was very poo service traveling. Waited for years fr Sprint to improve their service and finally gave up and went totally with Verizon. I would say the best coverage is having some of Verizon and AT&T together.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

I agree Verizon certainly has better coverage but it very pricey.

Has anyone tried the straight talk service sold by Walmart? IT supposedly uses the Verizon network.

lynndiwagoner

You know the old saying "If you want to play you've got to pay". I'm not sure everyone knows how the cell phone system actually works. It takes a lot of money and equipment to supply a signal when you're going down the road. It's really amazing that it works so well. All of this equipment costs a bunch of money, plus all of the added government fees and regulations..... It would be hard to imagine not having this service. Anyway, try to offset the costs by ditching the home phone, home DSL, etc.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have no issue paying what we do, however what I do have an issue with is that Verizon does not have "Roll Over" data. If we paid for it this month, we should be able to use it when we want and not when they want