Bed Mounts Broken

Cooper

When I noticed my bed was broken I saw marks in the carpet where it had rubbed. The bed was sitting on the floor. So I removed the mattress and the top platform.
I pulled the two floors from the compartment area to find that two screws holding the bed up on the foot of the bed (right hand corner of the bed standing in the door) had came out.
The screws had been screwed into paneling on the inside of the bed with no wood behind the paneling to hold the screws. :confused:
So I removed the paneling and added a 2x2 board for a backer. I also added another brace because thats my side of the bed and I did not want my a** dragging.
I also add another Electrical plug on the front side of the bed. The only plugin on that side of the bed is in the closet.
While I was there I decided to insulate the bed to help keep my butt warm.

Attachments

• rv bed repair 2008 001.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 001.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 107
  • rv bed repair 2008 002.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 002.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 83
  • rv bed repair 2008 015.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 015.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 73
  • rv bed repair 2008 013.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 013.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 62
  • rv bed repair 2008 017.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 017.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 65
  • rv bed repair 2008 029.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 029.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 94
  • rv bed repair 2008 033.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 033.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 84
  • rv bed repair 2008 020.jpg
    rv bed repair 2008 020.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 81

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Nice fix Cooper. Like that you added the extra electric. Nice touch with the insulation too.

By the way, is that your "secret" safe with all your money?

Mark

Cooper

Yes it has all my Worldly possessions in it about a dollar two nintyeight and change but, please do not tell anybody.

Cooper

If you can look at pic number seven. You will notice and L bracket in the corner and two up right 2x2 on the wall. The header that runs across had one screw and a couple staples holding it and it had came loose. So I added the brackest in each corner and the uprights for support.

fivernine

Nice save!

Too bad you had to do it, but nice work! One thing I found in modifying my bed (see the thread King to Queen Too: A bed conversion in the Modifications Forum) is that the screws attaching the sideboards to the slide went in at too steep an angle in some places causing them to protrude into the great outdoors so they were cutting right across the lower lip seal that keeps the weather out. I had to extract them to shrink the bed so was careful to put them back in at a shallow-enough angle to prevent their protrusion on the reassembly. Look up at the bottom of the bed slideout from the outside when it is fully extended to see if there are any screws coming through the bottom of the slide.

Again, nice save and great idea on the extra receptacle. Never can have too many.