Wilderness 3350BS Owners

flips

Greetings! Any Wilderness 3250BS owners out there? I'm in the process of searching for one. Currently the closest unit to me is 300 miles. Hoping to get some insight prior to making the trek just to check it out.

Likes or dislikes?

Thank you in advance :)

jimtoo

Hi flips,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with suggestions. Check it out and let us know how it goes.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

flips

Thanks for the welcome Jim.

Anyone have ate experience with this trailer or its cousin the North Trail 33bkss?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We drove 80 miles one way to see the 33BKSS and over 250 Miles to see a 32BUDS.

I was considering a North Trail 33BKSS. I ended up ordering a North Trail 32BUDS.

Here are things we liked and disliked about the 33BKSS
1. Slide-out kitchen is intriguing. However, We use the awning outside quite a bit and figured out that the slide-out takes up quite a bit of space under the awning.
2. Kitchen Slide-out has to be out to access the refrigerator.
3. Space under the sink is heavily wasted. You have a small cabinet there but the rounded ends have lots of wasted space. The island made things a bit more cramped
4. Big Pantry is really nice feature. It is deep and wide so you can store quite a bit.
5. Bathroom has two doors. The exterior door is nice so you can use/access the bathroom without extending a slide-out.
6. Bathroom loses quite a bit of cabinet space because of the exterior door. (Compare to the 32BUDS to see difference)
7. We liked the BIG windows by the dinette.
8. The Front bedroom door swings out towards the kitchen. It makes it a big awkward to enter.
9. The Door to the Rear bedroom is really a great feature as it offers some extra privacy and reduced light and sound for those in the rear bedroom.
10. The Mega dinette - Really only seats 3 people. It can be somewhat difficult to get in. Table is narrow and could be very crowded.
11. The Mega dinette - Lots of storage under the seats. However, to access any one compartment you have to remove a minimum of 4 cushions.
We ordered a bench dinette instead of the mega dinette. We keep much of the storage. But can seat four easily and have a 5th at the end of the table using an additional chair.
12. Front bed Rounded Corners on the cabinets and Finished nightstands with electric outlets on both sides of the bed.
13. Kitchen. Lots of counter space. By the sink, and the stove.
14. Kitchen. everything is in arms reach stove sink counter top.

I can keep listing more.......

flips

We drove 80 miles one way to see the 33BKSS and over 250 Miles to see a 32BUDS.

I was considering a North Trail 33BKSS. I ended up ordering a North Trail 32BUDS.

Here are things we liked and disliked about the 33BKSS
1. Slide-out kitchen is intriguing. However, We use the awning outside quite a bit and figured out that the slide-out takes up quite a bit of space under the awning.
2. Kitchen Slide-out has to be out to access the refrigerator.
3. Space under the sink is heavily wasted. You have a small cabinet there but the rounded ends have lots of wasted space. The island made things a bit more cramped
4. Big Pantry is really nice feature. It is deep and wide so you can store quite a bit.
5. Bathroom has two doors. The exterior door is nice so you can use/access the bathroom without extending a slide-out.
6. Bathroom loses quite a bit of cabinet space because of the exterior door. (Compare to the 32BUDS to see difference)
7. We liked the BIG windows by the dinette.
8. The Front bedroom door swings out towards the kitchen. It makes it a big awkward to enter.
9. The Door to the Rear bedroom is really a great feature as it offers some extra privacy and reduced light and sound for those in the rear bedroom.
10. The Mega dinette - Really only seats 3 people. It can be somewhat difficult to get in. Table is narrow and could be very crowded.
11. The Mega dinette - Lots of storage under the seats. However, to access any one compartment you have to remove a minimum of 4 cushions.
We ordered a bench dinette instead of the mega dinette. We keep much of the storage. But can seat four easily and have a 5th at the end of the table using an additional chair.
12. Front bed Rounded Corners on the cabinets and Finished nightstands with electric outlets on both sides of the bed.
13. Kitchen. Lots of counter space. By the sink, and the stove.
14. Kitchen. everything is in arms reach stove sink counter top.

I can keep listing more.......

Thanks for taking the time to write all that Silverado. That's a great point about the slide out taking up awning space. We hadn't thought about that. I drove 60 miles today to check one out and I agree with all the things you mentioned. I see what you mean about not being able to access the fridge with the kitchen slide out closed.

Great looking trailer though and the wife is in love with it. Dealer stopped at 38k out the door. Not sure if that's a deal since that was the first quote we got.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thanks for taking the time to write all that Silverado. That's a great point about the slide out taking up awning space. We hadn't thought about that. I drove 60 miles today to check one out and I agree with all the things you mentioned. I see what you mean about not being able to access the fridge with the kitchen slide out closed.

Great looking trailer though and the wife is in love with it. Dealer stopped at 38k out the door. Not sure if that's a deal since that was the first quote we got.

If you like the 33BKSS but don't need the slide-out kitchen/island, then Check out a 32BUDS very similar layout, one less slide and a very open kitchen.
As I mentioned earlier, you don't lose the space under the awing in the 32BUDS either.
Overall, I think the 32BUDS has equal or more storage than the 33BKSS also.

Good luck with your hunt.

flips

If you like the 33BKSS but don't need the slide-out kitchen/island, then Check out a 32BUDS very similar layout, one less slide and a very open kitchen.
As I mentioned earlier, you don't lose the space under the awing in the 32BUDS either.
Overall, I think the 32BUDS has equal or more storage than the 33BKSS also.

Good luck with your hunt.

Thanks! We did check out pictures of the BUDS on line. That's definitely a great option and I see a lot of value in the awning space and extra bathroom counter.

The wife can't let go of the kitchen counter space though. We owned a smaller trailer previously and that's an upgrade that she's been waiting for. Also, we hang out a lot by the beach and the door to the bathroom is a must with 3 lil ones always going in and out to use the rest room.

The search continues....

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We use a large poly cutting board over the stove to serve as extra counter space and with the caliber editions of north trail the countertops are solid surface with recessed sinks. The sink covers fit flush with the counter top adding quite a bit of usable space.

flips

Woohoo!!! Pulled the trigger and now a happy owner of a 2016 Northtrail 33Bkss Calliber Edition! Silverado, thanks for your input. We took everything you said under heavy consideration. In the end, the boss had to have her island kitchen. Also, the bathroom with the door to the outside was important to us since we hang out by the beach a lot and we have 5 kiddos who like to go in and out frequently.

My hitch comes in this Monday and I'll probably pick it up next Friday. Can't wait!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the new Northtrail.
Looks like 5 kids will be having a lot of fun.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Congrats. The North Trail is a really nice choice. The 33BKSS would have been our 2nd choice if the 32 BUDS did not work as well for us. I am glad to hear that layout will work out well for you. Ours should be built soon.