Two Hands

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed so I have to ask. The portal shows there are X amount of new posts, 29, for example, a few minutes ago. But when I click on new posts I find only 19. Where are the other ten? The amount of new posts listed seldom, if ever, matches those actually shown. What am I doing wrong?

jbeletti

Two Hands,

We'll ask LK to look into this for us. If there's any hope to figuring it out - he's our best shot. My guess is it's a timing issue. The forum feeds the module in the portal.

jbeletti

I wonder if we are confusing New Posts (since my last visit) with Unread Posts. Please hear me out on this.

I get an email each time a new post is made, so I read posts via email.

I went to the Portal and it said that I have "New Posts: 4"

I clicked on that New Posts link from the Portal and it took me to the Forum. On the forum, is showed me the 4 "New Posts" and the 383 "Unread Posts".

Not sure if this is helping anyone, but please don't confuse New Posts (since last visit) with Unread posts.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/new_posts_since_last_visit_vs_unread_posts.GIF

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
NEW POSTS may say 10, click on NEW POSTS and it may lbring up 9 THREADS but I'd bet one of the THREADS has 2 NEW POSTS in it - for a total of 10 NEW POSTS.

Just my experience.