Time for some new blood (moderators) around here?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This verifies the conversation I had with MK about resurrecting an old thread. Closed thread (cannot be reopened) - start new thread with same topic, merge old and new, old thread is now a reply-able thread.

JMHO, but this is better then starting duplicate threads.

I've always wondered why the MODS feel that they need to close old topic threads.

What does it matter if someone posts a new question to a old topic?????????????? :confused:

I don't see a problem with someone resurrecting an old topic . . .

MODS . . . why does it matter?

danemayer

Re: Tail of The Dragon US 129

I've always wondered why the MODS feel that they need to close old topic threads.

What does it matter if someone posts a new question to a old topic?????????????? :confused:

I don't see a problem with someone resurrecting an old topic . . .

MODS . . . why does it matter?

They're closed automatically by the forum software as they reach a certain age.

Bohemian

They're closed automatically by the forum software as they reach a certain age.

Interesting, but it avoids answering the question. Obviously closing old threads may be automatic, but is must be an option. So why have that as the option? Why do you want to close old threads?

JohnD

Why do these Heartland forums exist?

Interesting, but it avoids answering the question. Obviously closing old threads may be automatic, but is must be an option. So why have that as the option? Why do you want to close old threads?

Exactly . . .

Not to mention why do they delete topic threads that point out issues with Heartland manufacturing issues?

Have already had one today deleted . . . ????????????????????????????????????????

MODS . . . PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS POST!

I love my Heartland trailer . . . but I don't like the fact that it seems that issues that are raised here in the forums are deleted so that the powers that be never hear about the issues with their Heartland product!

After all . . . isn't that why these forums exist?????

To let Heartland know what they don't know about their product??????

Please answer me before you automatically delete my post . . .

danemayer

Obviously closing old threads may be automatic, but is must be an option. So why have that as the option? Why do you want to close old threads?

I don't know what options the software allows. Perhaps someone else does know if it is an option, and if so, why it's been set the way it is set. Perhaps it's just the default for the software.

But let me take a guess. I'm pretty sure the forum uses a SQL database to store all posts, pictures, links, etc. Every time you open a thread, it's doing a quick search of the database using index pointers to the actual location of the information in the database. Each thread is likely a conglomeration of separate data elements all retrieved together via a complex search, where the complexity is hidden from the user. I'd guess that by closing old threads, the number of records that have to be indexed is significantly reduced, the number of items to be search is reduced, and time to open a thread is improved. If that's right, then by not closing old threads, the forum will over time get slower and sloowwer, and sloooowwwwerrr.

Just my guess - I could be completely wrong.

JohnD

I don't know what options the software allows. Perhaps someone else does know if it is an option, and if so, why it's been set the way it is set. Perhaps it's just the default for the software.

But let me take a guess. I'm pretty sure the forum uses a SQL database to store all posts, pictures, links, etc. Every time you open a thread, it's doing a quick search of the database using index pointers to the actual location of the information in the database. Each thread is likely a conglomeration of separate data elements all retrieved together via a complex search, where the complexity is hidden from the user. I'd guess that by closing old threads, the number of records that have to be indexed is significantly reduced, the number of items to be search is reduced, and time to open a thread is improved. If that's right, then by not closing old threads, the forum will over time get slower and sloowwer, and sloooowwwwerrr.

I think you are completely wrong . . .

There are definately issues with Heartland products, and letting the forum software choose what is an issue and what is not is a Heartland copout . . .

If their are issues . . . Heartland needs to fix them, no matter what!

Bohemian

Re: Why do these Heartland forums exist?

Exactly . . .

Not to mention why do they delete topic threads that point out issues with Heartland manufacturing issues?

Have already had one today deleted . . . ????????????????????????????????????????

I love my Heartland trailer . . . but I don't like the fact that it seems that issues that are raised here in the forums are deleted so that the powers that be never hear about the issues with their Heartland product!

Uh, this forum is highly moderated in favor of Heartland. Get mildly critical of Heartland and you may get a warring message from a moderator. I have, simply for keeping up a discussion with others on a topic Heartland did not want addressed. I was "repeating myself". Yes, if you talk about the same topic with people you often repeat yourself and repeat the topic.

danemayer

Re: Why do these Heartland forums exist?

Exactly . . .

John,

Very simply, forum rules don't permit repetitive posts. Your issue has already been posted many times.

JohnD

John,

Very simply, forum rules don't permit repetitive posts. Your issue has already been posted many times.

Cop out!

You are a moderator . . . do you have any culpability to serve your position?

Find out what is really going on . . .

After all . . . you are supposed to be a Forum Moderator!

JohnD

Sorry to stir up a hornets nest . . . but . . .

It seems that nowadaze that any time someone has a problem with a Heartland product and they post it here that the moderators hide or delete the thread and it goes into Neverland?

Perhaps it is time to get some new blood to moderate the topic threads around here?

After all . . . isn't the whole idea of the forums to allow Heartland owners to announce their issues with their product?

Or is this a place to only post praise?

Please let those of us who have spent countless thousands of dollars know . . .

I love my Heartland product, but I don't like the fact that some here like to squash our issues with our Heartland product!

Heartland is not perfect . . . as am I not perfect!

Will I buy Heartland next time around?

Maybe . . . or maybe not!

But any company that only allows praise is not available for scrutany!

ncrzrbk

Re: Time for some new blood around here?????

I have never had a comment deleted. I do think the merit of your question needs to be addressed in all areas of customer service. I have been a salesman for 20 plus years and prior to that a customer service manager. We look at customer complaints as an opportunity to earn future business. If we can help the consumer when problems arise, they should and most times think of a company as an easy one to work with and truly care about them and their needs. If we don't help them, future orders will be diminished because as we all know there are plenty of other companies waiting to take the next sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speedy

John, I agree with you regarding having a forum where we all can discuss the good and bad about items/issues. I do disagree that it is completely a moderator issue and "new blood" is required. I have been on this forum for many years and really take issue with the "drive by rant" with no follow up or resolution. I want to hear from you or say Porthole about some problem with their Heartland. I learn about the problem, the solution and how to install the fix.

JohnD

I have never had a comment deleted. I do think the merit of your question needs to be addressed in all areas of customer service. I have been a salesman for 20 plus years and prior to that a customer service manager. We look at customer complaints as an opportunity to earn future business. If we can help the consumer when problems arise, they should and most times think of a company as an easy one to work with and truly care about them and their needs. If we don't help them, future orders will be diminished because as we all know there are plenty of other companies waiting to take the next sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am also in the sales business as well.

And if my company operated the same way as this website does . . . we'd be out of business as fast as I am typing this post!

Time to rethink the moderating processes of this forum?????

JohnD

John, I agree with you regarding having a forum where we all can discuss the good and bad about items/issues. I do disagree that it is completely a moderator issue and "new blood" is required. I have been on this forum for many years and really take issue with the "drive by rant" with no follow up or resolution. I want to hear from you or say Porthole about some problem with their Heartland. I learn about the problem, the solution and how to install the fix.

Well, I posted images of my Heartland Trail Runner the day I bought it, which showed that my trailer was surely defective the day I bought it . . . and the post was deleted within minutes of when it was posted.

What does that tell you?

JohnD

Well, I posted images of my Heartland Trail Runner the day I bought it, which showed that my trailer was surely defective the day I bought it . . . and the post was deleted within minutes of when it was posted.

What does that tell you?

First shot from the Heartland Website . . . second shot less than five minutes after we pulled out of our dealership the day we bought it (look at the tires)!

The trailer has been bottoming out on the tires since then, and Heartland has washed their hands of this issue!

It is going to cost me around $2500 to fix this issue, which is a design flaw . . . not a consumer issue!

Attachments

• phoca_thumb_l_2015_tr_ext_22.jpg
    phoca_thumb_l_2015_tr_ext_22.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 92
  • NewCamperTruck-P9110306.jpg
    NewCamperTruck-P9110306.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 114
B

BouseBill

I for one agree with you John. But I also believe "drive by" posts should be deleted. If a new member with ONE post, only joins to rant about a defective product (in his/her opinion) then that post should be deleted, HOWEVER IF a long standing member posts something about a defective product that post should remain. I think most long term members do post about problems and how they solved that problem...so moderators what say you?

justafordguy

Kinda hard to tell from the pictures what's wrong? The tires do look a little low on air though.

JohnD

I for one agree with you John. But I also believe "drive by" posts should be deleted. If a new member with ONE post, only joins to rant about a defective product (in his/her opinion) then that post should be deleted, HOWEVER IF a long standing member posts something about a defective product that post should remain. I think most long term members do post about problems and how they solved that problem...so moderators what say you?

I don't have a problem with paying for something I've caused . . .

But when I have an issue with something that shouldn't be a problem, then that is on the manufacturer of said product!

And these issues shouldn't be swept under the rug by those that are in the purpose of directing consent of the issues of said product!

Status
Not open for further replies.