Locations where RV's have been "parted out"

iaflatlander

I'm looking for places where RV's have been taken apart for parts. Like RV junk yards. There use to be one on Interstate 90 in southern Minnesota (Fairmont) but it has gone out of business. It was a great place to find trailer windows or water heaters, etc. Anyone know of any? We travel alot, so the location could be nation wide. Thanks!

olcoon

iaflatlander,

You timed this pretty good! I just heard of one near Carthage, MO! If you aren't familiar with the location of Carthage, it's near Joplin, MO. From IA, you can get on I-49 (it used to be called 71 Hwy), & is South of Kansas City. HERE is a link to their website.

BLHFUN

iaflatlander,

You timed this pretty good! I just heard of one near Carthage, MO! If you aren't familiar with the location of Carthage, it's near Joplin, MO. From IA, you can get on I-49 (it used to be called 71 Hwy), & is South of Kansas City. HERE is a link to their website.

Just watch their picing. They priced me a 3 year old Splendid W/D for full retail at today's price. They have Tons of trailers of every shape, size and manufacturers. But I think they forgot they were a salvage yard.

happykraut

I have a 6 1/2 page list of RV Salvage places, but I'm on the road and don't have a scanner with me. Three places are listed for Iowa, but probably not what you want. I can't guarantee the accuracy of the list.
Spencer, IA 800-831-5164 712-262-7000.
Mechanicsville, IA 800-938-4936
Forest City, IA 515-582-6935
Perhaps you can get more info from those places.
Good luck.

wdk450

RV DR. George in Sacramento, Ca. has a 2 story warehouse building plus outside areas, etc. crammed with salvaged parts.