Warranty service

I bought a Sundance 2900RK from a dealer in Oregon in January (I live in California-about 300 miles away). On our first outing, I noticed that the large storage door on the outside of the unit is badly warped. It is warped so much that it cannot be closed properly by the middle latch. I contacted the dealer in Oregon from whom i bought the unit and they told me that if they ordered the part, they would have to install it meaning a 300 mile drive for me-not worth it.

I then contacted Heartland and left a message with a "Chris" somebody who supposedly is in charge of warranty inquiries for my area. I have yet to hear back from him. (I called 574-262-8030)

I would like to have a part shipped either to me or a local dealer and have the new door installed here. How do I proceed with this?

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi, RS. Heartland does not send parts to owners. I had basement storage doors replaced on by BH and they had to go to a dealer. If you do not receive a call back from Chris I would suggest you call back and ask to speak to Jim Fenner. Explain your situation had ask for his recommendation on the easiest solution. Jim will either help you or put you in touch with the person the will solve your door issue. The number you used is the correct number for Heartland service. My experience has been Heartland will take care of you when you need service. Happy camping.

Forrest Fetherolf

Tom,

The factory will send parts to owners. My 3600RL was supposed to have mor-ryde suspension, the factory shipped me the trailair. The factory sent me extra rollers for the slides problems, and all parts to repair the damage caused when a trail america tire exploded. Scott Tuttle, Chris De LaPaz and Jim Fenner took good care of me to make sure I got what I needed. Contact Jim Fenner and explain the problem, I'm sure he can ship you a door without you pulling 300 miles back to the dealer.

Forrest