Big Country 3650 RL Washer HELP!

We have a new 2015 Big Country 3650RL and had washer/dryer installed by the dealer. First time we tried to use it we realized they did not turn on the water to the washer. Called the dealer, bottom line they couldn't care less. Bring it back in and we'll take a look. Well that's hard to do when your living in it 85 miles away...dryer is connected on 4 sides, tried to lift out entire unit and it keeps hanging on something. Can't get it out of the closet to get to the water connection which in at the back. I'm at a loss, short of cutting access panel in the closet. Is there something I'm completely missing or is this a major design flaw on Heartland's part? Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Lonestarpiper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some help soon. You might let us know what kind of washer and dryer was installed by your dealer.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

We have a new 2015 Big Country 3650RL and had washer/dryer installed by the dealer. First time we tried to use it we realized they did not turn on the water to the washer. ...dryer is connected on 4 sides, tried to lift out entire unit and it keeps hanging on something. Can't get it out of the closet to get to the water connection which in at the back. I'm at a loss

Hi Lonestarpiper,

Before trying to remove the washer/dryer, I think I'd consider putting in an access panel from the closet.

jbeletti

I've removed the washer/dryer from a closet a couple of times. Here's what I did:
  1. Remove door (2 screws x 3 hinges)
  2. Remove left and right door frame (they are pin nailed on and pull right off)
  3. Remove pin nails that remain in door frame
  4. Remove plastic panel at bottom of dryer
  5. Remove 2 screws that secure front bracket, then remove bracket
  6. With a helper, Pull dryer forward. While partially removed, reach back and unplug dryer from AC power and unhook vent
  7. Set dryer into room safely. Reach back over washer and turn water on. 1/4 turn valves can be REAL hard to turn
  8. Clean the floor area back there with a vacuum since you have access
  9. Reverse above steps through 2. Use brad nailer to resecure door frame and use putty stick to hide nail holes
  10. Replace door

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
As a suggestion, if the valves are that inaccessible, install some additional valves to the supply lines in some spot in the basement that you can reach easier. Might save you some grief if a leak develops some point in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocFather

As a suggestion, if the valves are that inaccessible, install some additional valves to the supply lines in some spot in the basement that you can reach easier. Might save you some grief if a leak develops some point in the future.

Great suggestion.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Our 2013 Landmark has an access panel in the closet that can be easily removed to access the shut off valves...surprised the Big Country does not? We have the exact same closet layout...check the wall between the w/d compartment and the clothes closet...toward the rear...we have a luan panel held on with screws. That's how we access our valves.

jbeletti

Thank you Jim. I will check again, but from what I can see with the flashlight looks like the dryer has a rear bracket also?

Yes - it has a rear bracket. By removing the front bracket then pulling forward on the dryer, it will come right out. Done it a few times.

Yes - it has a rear bracket. By removing the front bracket then pulling forward on the dryer, it will come right out. Done it a few times.

Well, now we have an apparent slide leak. Everything underneath the kitchen cabinets is soaking and the wood trim is already starting to buckle. We have to move out of it today and get it into service tomorrow, so they can address the washer issue also.

Ice maker line leak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Could be...husbands out looking at it now. Two weeks into this new unit, I am not impressed. Not to mention the TV's (Toshiba) won't stay on selected channel when hooked up to the cable and I called the help line and was told they were out of warranty and it would be a $35 charge to get the fix to us. How is this possible when the unit is new? So, no TV, no washer and now a major leak. Not to mention the interior of the unit was filthy when we picked it up. What happens exactly when the dealership has it in make ready for a week or so? Isn't there some kind of a checklist? Sorry, it's just extremely frustrating. When you're full timing, you can't just run it in for service. Not sure what damage has been done by the leak at this point.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The warranty on the TVs is from the time the end user purchases the unit. Whoever told you it is out of warranty was full of "you know what". Sounds like like the dealer did a pretty crappy job of getting it ready for you also.

I agree that they did a horrible job. It was a rep from Toshiba that told us it was out of warranty. We had called them directly since the dealer (Explore USA) would not do anything about it when it was brought up to them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So sorry you are having issues, we are in Terrell. Which ExploreUSA did you buy from?

Wish I could help you but I'm not familiar enough with the problems. :(

BTW, You might consider joining the owners club (free introductory 1 year membership) and attending the North Texas Chapter Rally, March 27-29, in Santo, TX, where you could meet a lot of other Heartland Owners. We love swapping stories and helping when we can!

So sorry you are having issues, we are in Terrell. Which ExploreUSA did you buy from?

Wish I could help you but I'm not familiar enough with the problems. :(

BTW, You might consider joining the owners club (free introductory 1 year membership) and attending the North Texas Chapter Rally, March 27-29, in Santo, TX, where you could meet a lot of other Heartland Owners. We love swapping stories and helping when we can!

Small world, we're in Terrell also. We bought from the Denton store. Thanks for the invitation, would like to make a rally or two. I seriously doubt we will have our RV back by the 27th though and work would also prohibit.

danemayer

I agree that they did a horrible job. It was a rep from Toshiba that told us it was out of warranty. We had called them directly since the dealer (Explore USA) would not do anything about it when it was brought up to them.

On the TV, Toshiba probably is responding based on the s/n and when it left their hands. The distributor may be the one providing warranty coverage. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can help you get the TV problem resolved.

On the slide leak, any chance you were caught in sub-freezing weather? During the winter, it's a good idea to evacuate water from the refrigerator water feed line and turn the cutoff valve off.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, small world! The North Texas Chapter Leaders live outside of town, as well! I sent you a pm with some ideas for getting service.