A very satisfied customer... See our note below to Elaine Henke of Heartland.

Riski

"Elaine:

Too many times people just complain to complain. Not us. I want to thank you for all your help. Our rig is in great shape now and I want to let you know how much we appreciate Heartland and, especially, you. Heartland stuck by its warranty and your customer service is a credit to Heartland. I'm proud of my Cyclone 4100-B and you should know we are very satisfied customers. So, please accept our very heartfelt thank you!

DocFather

Nice.

images

Jim.Allison

Pride in ownership, I always say. We love our BC. Everything problem we ever had was so minor it did not rate any frustration, except for having to get a screw driver and the small amount of effort it took to fix. I just wish someone would have tried to sell me a set of G614's, I might have bought them. Might have......

But along the lines of your post, I lost one of the outside light lenses. I did not know they were readily available at an RV parts store until later. I wrote Heartland customer service with my vin, I did not even ask for the part, I just asked for the brand and model number so I could order one. A few days went by and I did not hear from them until Fedex knocked on the door with the part. NO CHARGE. I was out of warranty too. $5.00 part and $10 freight.

So I guess me and Heartland are even for that screw I had to tighten.

"Elaine:

Too many times people just complain to complain. Not us. I want to thank you for all your help. Our rig is in great shape now and I want to let you know how much we appreciate Heartland and, especially, you. Heartland stuck by its warranty and your customer service is a credit to Heartland. I'm proud of my Cyclone 4100-B and you should know we are very satisfied customers. So, please accept our very heartfelt thank you!

Riski

DocFather:

Thanks. And, thank you, too. Btw, I bough the Condors today on your advice. Thank you for that, too.

'Lil Guy'

"Elaine:

Glad to see a post in praise of their HL unit. No matter who the manufacturer is, all RV's have minor issues. Great thing about this forum is it gives you some insight as to how to remedy the minor issues yourself and save the down time and frustration of dealing with the dealer for a warranty issue when some of the issues are because of the dealers shoddy make ready.
If you look at all of the forums regardless of the brand or model, boats, cars, etc., you see so many issues being posted when in reality it's a very small percentage of the vehicles with problems. You know that every Heartland owner, and there are quite a few, doesn't use this site. The regulars, who are mostly positive or looking for some minor fixes or mods, are here for the family and friendship of the HOC.
Again, there are product bashers on every type of forum. It's good to hear praise where praise is due. For that I thank you.
The Heartland recall thread is taking a positive note also. Seems they did their homework to remedy a serious issue. Now I can go to my rally next week and relax with a bunch of great Heatland owners.
Thanks for the post and have a great day.

Jim.Allison

I have no evidence to back this up but;

I think that owners can get into "endless loops" with warranty work. The minor issues many times can be alleviated by some love and attention to the rig. I feel like a lot of problems are induced while seeking solutions to minor problems, which if searched on this forum first, could otherwise be repaired and a trip to a dealer averted. My Grandfather always said to "stay out of the hospital, they will kill you in there."

There is no way on Gods green earth that one that someone can build a 15500 pound capacity house on wheels that is absolutely perfect and still have it affordable. Notwithstanding failures of major component, some of the flaws are just part of the character of your rig. I smile when I step on that one little squeaky spot on my floor, that I have to step on just right to hear, and thank God, that I can afford, and that I have such a piece of equipment.

Mrsfish

We have been dealing with Elaine for the last couple of weeks. Have a microwave out of warranty that is turning itself on and off. she has been incredible. Worked us up a deal with frigidaire that was extremely fair. Even our service adviser commented on how good she was to deal with.

MCTalley

From conversing with an acquaintance that has another brand of fifth wheel, I believe Heartland may be somewhat unique in offering to send parts (in or out of warranty) directly to the customer. My friend needed a new part for his rig and the factory was willing to sell him one - but only through a dealer. He couldn't just have it shipped directly to him. Instead, he had to find a dealer willing to order it for him and hold it until he was passing through the area to pick it up.