Relocate Light Switch - Bighorn 3160

Oregon_Camper

Relocate Bedroom Light Switch - Bighorn 3160

In our new Bighorn 3160, the light switch for the master bedroom in located about knee level on the dresser/drawers as you walk into the bedroom.

I don't understand why it is located there. Why not up on the upper cabinet, which is about chest high (easy to see)

So, question is....has anyone modified this to move the switch up to the upper cabinet? I figured if anyone of you have done this, I can "borrow" from your experience.

sengli

Re: Relocate Bedroom Light Switch - Bighorn 3160

We have the same location for the light switch. Since the walls are bonded, and foam filled. I cant see any real good way of re-routing the wires thru the wall. If you want to move that switch, you going to have be creative.

happykraut

Re: Relocate Bedroom Light Switch - Bighorn 3160

Sounds like a fairly simple job. Remove your drawers and see if the wiring to the switch is coming from the bottom up or from the top down. Probably from the bottom up. In that case you need to lengthen the wires. You have to make the splice inside a junction box which you can mount on the floor off the dresser. Code probably doesn't allow non-enclosed splices. You can get a wallmount switch encloser at Home Depot if you don't think you can mount the switch like the original. I know it's clear as mud, but you probably get my drift. If wiring comes from the top, just pull them back.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can do a search, try to locate my post on adding wall switches for the reading lamps over the bed. You might be able to do something similar to relocate your switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk