dead battery

boxcar1511

we have a 2008 cyclone 4012, we are getting very little service from battery.. battery dies after a few hours, without anything on .. camped next to a 2009 /3912.. last weekend, he had same problem, both units are running interstate batteries. Anyone share this issue are have a solution to our problem..

SmokeyBare

I'm sure you've done this... But I found a lose fitting terminal connection on the battery of our Bighorn.

It was one of the crimp on connections.... and I only needed to smash it tighter together to solve the issue. It wasn't maintaining a charge ... when I was ready to move the landing gear motor didn't have enough power to operate.

Once I checked all connections... everything was good to go once again.

Marv

crazybanshee

If you only have one battery it will not last very long. Get two 6 volt golf cart batteries and be done with it. Doug

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK.. this is for the Admin.. I am not complaining or flaming. I am just telling my experience and opinion.

In my previous 5er I had a problem with the converter. Had two of them go bad. On the third one I took the battery out and charged it with a stand alone charger. It would not charge even after setting all night. I took the battery to AutoZone and had it checked. It had a bad cell in it. What happened to my converters was that they were trying to charge a bad battery and ended up burning up the battery charger part of the converter. I went to Sams, got a Gel Cell battery and had no further problems. When I bought my Bighorn 3400, it had an Interstate battery in it and I swapped batteries and added a second Gel Cell.

I had Interstate batteries in my autos and only had problems. I will never use an interstate battery on any type of vehicle that I own.

So I would suggest that you take the battery out and have it checked. It is probably a bad battery. I like the Gel Cells. Sam actually calls them something else. They have a blue top and run around $150. Have not had a problem since.

FWIW
Travel Safe and my God Bless
BC

Regular Gell Cells may not always the best answer either. If you use 12 volt batteries, AGM may be a better choice. When I pick up my new 4012 this week, the first thing being installed will be Optima group 31 Blue-Top AGM Batteries.

Maybe you're refering to these already...

Here's an interesting site about batteries:

http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

And another great site:

http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm#What is a Battery?

Notice the talk about AGM batteries.

Good Luck and Rock On...

boxcar1511

alright had a few minutes to check out my battery found one cell low on water, have it on a stand alone charge, if it checks out i'll just remove it, install it in golf cart to run 12 volt radio and lights, and install two 6 volt batteries problem solved ( I hope)