It seems that Heartland prefers beige over gray.

GETnBYE

With most car purchase decisions there is usually the gray vs. Beige interior decision.

It seems (imo), that there is a trend for beige/brown exterior colors on most newer models.
Since we prefer gray/black, we are finding very limited option to look at.
Just wonder if we are the only ones that just can't find a new Heartland that suits us color wise?

MotoLynx27x

I take it since you have a Big Country you are looking at the same size or bigger in terms of today's models? Our '14 Prowler came with a dark brown/gray motif and we think it's very up to date and modern looking. But the colors on the larger big horns etc., may be more what you are referring to.

GETnBYE

I take it since you have a Big Country you are looking at the same size or bigger in terms of today's models? Our '14 Prowler came with a dark brown/gray motif and we think it's very up to date and modern looking. But the colors on the larger big horns etc., may be more what you are referring to.
Yes, I was referring to the big country/big horn lines. They seem to all be brown exteriors , which are nice, it just seems that it is the only option.
I love the charcoal/black with red or other accent colors of the toy haulers. But we just don't have the need for that type of rv, we want a fifth wheel. Hoping for a new option.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Have you talked with your dealer about ordering your RV or just are you just going by observation of what you have seen in dealer lots?

GETnBYE

Observation for now. We have a good deal to learn about the ordering process.
Always willing to learn.
Have you talked with your dealer about ordering your RV or just are you just going by observation of what you have seen in dealer lots?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I ended up ordering a new North Trail because I wanted some things that were not widely available on dealer lots.

Jim Beletti posts the MSRP sheets for the various models of Heartland RVs. If you do a search you can locate one. This will help you see what is available for the particular models you are interested in.

You can also contact the Heartland Brand manager for the brand you are considering. I asked a ton of questions and somewhat bypassed my local heartland dealers until I knew much closer to what I wanted to order. I had issues with several dealers since they were more interested in selling what was on their lot even though they did not have anything close. Once I had my RV specs figured out. I then re-approached the dealers with the intent on ordering what I wanted. I had one dealer that even after talking with him several times about ordering still discouraged me every way he could to order anything. Two other dealers were much more open to the idea once I let them know nearly everything I wanted. I did have to still ask a few questions from them that still ended up getting answered by Heartland but my ordering process was much better.

GETnBYE

Thanks Silverado23. Research will begin. I guess I just hoped to find more to look at on lots.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I know what you mean. So many of the dealer lots around here are a sea of brown trailers. (all brands/Manufacters). I have noticed that newer trailers are going lighter colors again instead of dark brown or dark tan. Try doing a web search for models that you are interested in. You might be able to find a dealer that has something that might be within driving distance.

jbeletti

Anita - seems Big Country does have paint options like Big Horn. Get Waybe a "full-body paint" Big Horn - you know he deserves it :) Check out some of these colors for Bighorn - link (let the slide show play)
phoca_thumb_l_2015_bh_ext44.JPG
Give Kary Katzenberger a call (574-266-3798) - he may be able to do a custom color for you.

GETnBYE

Jim, I will admit I very much like this color and Wayne does deserve it, but I want to see one before we buy it. There are just none of those out in the market. Do all full body paint have to be a special order?

Anita - seems Big Country does have paint options like Big Horn. Get Waybe a "full-body paint" Big Horn - you know he deserves it :) Check out some of these colors for Bighorn - link (let the slide show play)
View attachment 35309
Give Kary Katzenberger a call (574-266-3798) - he may be able to do a custom color for you.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I seem to recall a gray couch/recliners in a Big Country or Bighorn I looked at last week. I would call and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I'm sorry Anita - it's all our fault. We should have sold ya'll our BC last year :(.

GETnBYE

I like a beige neutral interior, it is more color outside that I want. Thanks for the reply tho.
I seem to recall a gray couch/recliners in a Big Country or Bighorn I looked at last week. I would call and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GETnBYE

Awww Byrd, that is sweet. We probably weren't "ready" then anyway. Anyone that knows us, knows that Wayne is always ready and I am always NOT READY.LOL
I'm sorry Anita - it's all our fault. We should have sold ya'll our BC last year :(.

AAdams

You can get a Bighorn with full body paint that is Sterling. We have a 3750FL in this color coming in a couple months. There doesn't appear to have any black, but there is a dark gray and maroon/red accent.
Sterling Full Body Paint #2.jpg

Kbvols

You can get a Bighorn with full body paint that is Sterling. We have a 3750FL in this color coming in a couple months. There doesn't appear to have any black, but there is a dark gray and maroon/red accent.
View attachment 35319

I seen this same paint scheme at the factory several weeks ago it is beautiful! Congrats I bet you can hardly wait until it arrives has to be exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GETnBYE

That is a beautiful color scheme. Thanks for the photo. I did not see this option on the website. Is this a custom paint choice?
View attachment 35319

AAdams

I seen this same paint scheme at the factory several weeks ago it is beautiful! Congrats I bet you can hardly wait until it arrives has to be exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes we are. We ordered it based solely on the picture of the color, we have never seen one in person. 7-8 weeks to build, 1-3 weeks for paint and we ordered it on the 2-27 so we have a lot of time to wait.

That is a beautiful color scheme. Thanks for the photo. I did not see this option on the website. Is this a custom paint choice?

I think this color just became available this year as a full body paint option. They do not have it on the website pictures yet but it shows in the 2015 Big Horn Brochure ( It will auto d/l the brochure )

If you look HERE at post #1 there are 2 build sheets for the Bighorn so you can see the standard features and options available with the MSRP, the prices might have changed slightly but will be close.

JerryC

I've been looking at these videos for reference. I'm not sure what model it's showing but here is a Big Horn that looks white to me. Quite a bit different than the picture below. I really like the front on this one. White seems like a good choice for hot summer months as it should reflect more heat.

Geodude

For our new 3585 we chose white, as shown in your video. The front is grey. We like the look of it. We chose white for a couple of reasons but your thinking re heat also sounds reasonable.