Greystone Line Dropped ?

MSGTLB

I have had multiple issues with my Greystone. Researching led me to the Heartland Owners Forum. While I have had some serious problems with my unit, even having to take it back to Elkhart at my expense, I do however like it. But, does anyone else find it curious with all of the problems that the line has obviously had...that now I go to Heartland's web site and find that they have completely dropped the Greystone line ?

danemayer

Hi msgtlb,

It's not really very mysterious. Model and floor plan changes are made to address changes in market demand. The Greystone and Sundance trailers were almost identical.

Heartland probably wanted to reassign the mid-range manufacturing line capacity to build a new model - Oakmont if I were to guess. One of the existing mid-range products had to be discontinued. Greystone apparently drew the short straw.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I have had multiple issues with my Greystone. Researching led me to the Heartland Owners Forum. While I have had some serious problems with my unit, even having to take it back to Elkhart at my expense, I do however like it. But, does anyone else find it curious with all of the problems that the line has obviously had...that now I go to Heartland's web site and find that they have completely dropped the Greystone line ?

Don't feel bad, I have a 2014 Heartland Silverado and it's also been discontinued to make room for the new Oakmont.

Kbvols

Greystone has been dropped for at least 2 years now. The Greystone and Sundance were/are very similar so the Sundance won out for lack of better term. The Gateway took the production spot of the Greystone. I hate to hear you have had troubles with yours. For the most part mine has been great. With that said though I do have issue with frame flex and will be taking it in April to get fixed. I live only a couple hours from Elkhart so taking it there isn't too much of an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Anybody want to venture a guess that Big Country will be the next to get axed? Not many dealers left...Don

Dean-Pam

Greystone has been dropped for at least 2 years now. The Greystone and Sundance were/are very similar so the Sundance won out for lack of better term. The Gateway took the production spot of the Greystone. I hate to hear you have had troubles with yours. For the most part mine has been great. With that said though I do have issue with frame flex and will be taking it in April to get fixed. I live only a couple hours from Elkhart so taking it there isn't too much of an issue.

I am taking my Sundance in next week for frame flex. I am really glad Heartland is standing behind their products...I have heard SOB are not helping their owners once the warranty has expired. Good luck on your repair.

Kbvols

I am taking my Sundance in next week for frame flex. I am really glad Heartland is standing behind their products...I have heard SOB are not helping their owners once the warranty has expired. Good luck on your repair.

Good luck to you all also. I am sure they will do a good job. I was actually supposed to take mine in next week also but when I emailed to confirm they somehow overbooked and asked if I would mind pushing back a few weeks. Since I live pretty close was not a big deal. John from the factory service has been great so far to work with.

TxCowboy

We've had our Greystone 32RL for four years and, except for the severe oxidation issue of the nose (front) cover, it has been a real joy to own. We look forward to many more years of fun with this unit.