Need plug in at window in kitchen

roncline

The new appliances now sold have a very short wire, which makes it impossible to plug in toaster or grill machine without raising it up 6 inches or so.:(

jpmorgan37

Ron;

I agree and it is a pain. We use a 4 foot extension cord on our toaster, toaster oven, and waffle iron. It is still a pain. To add the extra receptacles, you need to have an extra 20 amp breaker so that the individual circuits aren't overloaded and I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

John

Bobby A

Also, when we ever had to use an extension cord for those kind of appliances make sure you use one that is rated for appliances. I was told never you those cheap dollar store extension cords, especially for those kind of things.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
OK, this is my remedy for the short cord appliances.. I added a couple of receptacles that are user friendly. This is what I did. I installed a new 20 amp breaker, ran no.12 w/ground to a GFI receptacle and added one more receptacle proteceted by the first one. Walla, problem solved. Because I now have a dedecated 20 amp circuit, I have no worries of overloading.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC04301.JPG
    DSC04301.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC04299.JPG
    DSC04299.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC04298.JPG
    DSC04298.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 35