Jensen AWM968 wont turn on

nebage

Hi all, Hope someone can help. I have a Jensen AWM968 and it wont turn on. Displays the time but thats all I can get. Ive checked the power lines and both have 12+ at the wires and plug, all grounded and fuses in check.
Any help would be great! Thanks!

danemayer

Hi nebage,

Here's some advice from Jensen.

Radio will not turn ON
· Try the reset button.
· Check fuse.
· Check 12V+ on battery wire to radio (YELLOW wire).
· Check 12V+ on accessory wire to radio (RED wire).
· Check Ground.

nebage

Jensen replied with a different technique I'm going to try later tonight.
It all seems odd. I'm not new to installing audio systems so this has been odd, I feel like something has shorted.
Will keep you updated, in case this helps anyone else in the future.

Jensen Response:
Good morning Ben,
If you have verified that there is proper 12 volt power going directly tothe AWM968, please try a factory reset on the radio. You can do this bypressing and holding the AUDIO button to access the System Menu. The"BEEP" setting will display. Quick press the AUDIO button to accessthe "RESET" option. Press the VOL/PUSH/ENTER control to rest theE2PROM to factory default setting. I have also attached the Owner's Manual thatgives these instructions on page 4. Please let us know if this corrects yourissue or if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have agreat day!

Lets see! fingers crossed. These units aren't cheap.

nebage

Jensen replied with a different technique I'm going to try later tonight.
It all seems odd. I'm not new to installing audio systems so this has been odd, I feel like something has shorted.
Will keep you updated, in case this helps anyone else in the future.

Jensen Response:
Good morning Ben,
If you have verified that there is proper 12 volt power going directly tothe AWM968, please try a factory reset on the radio. You can do this bypressing and holding the AUDIO button to access the System Menu. The"BEEP" setting will display. Quick press the AUDIO button to accessthe "RESET" option. Press the VOL/PUSH/ENTER control to rest theE2PROM to factory default setting. I have also attached the Owner's Manual thatgives these instructions on page 4. Please let us know if this corrects yourissue or if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have agreat day!

Lets see! fingers crossed. These units aren't cheap.

So far it has appeared to have worked!