Torque 270 HG Bed Limit Switch

DIYJunkie

My 2014 Torque 270 HG came from the factory with the lower limit switch set too low. The bed tried to go below the rails that the bed rests on when it is lowered. This caused the chains to skip a few teeth on one side, causing the bed to raise and lower unevenly. The result of the bed moving unevenly was that the bed bound up and wouldn't go up or down.

The bed worked fine several times before acting up. The trailer is new, fortunately it acted up in the driveway and not out on a camping trip.

The dealer had to move the switch up after getting the bed free and re-timing the chains. According to my dealer this is a known problem, but Heartland hadn't notified my dealer, so he spent a couple of days calling Heartland and HappiJac before he found the right person with the answer.

danemayer

Hi DIYJunkie,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. Glad to hear you got the problem straightened out, and thanks for sharing.

Bullpaul

My new 270 HG Happy Jack system had to be rebuilt before I took delivery. Appears the factory need to learn how to install the system correctly. I just hope this great concept is reliable. Only time will tell.

jimtoo

Hi Bullpaul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join up and attend some of the rallies when you can. You will meet lots of great folks and have a great time.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

tilleyjs

I have the same problem with my 2014 Heartland Torque 270hg. I can't work out in the back for fear of the bed potentially falling on me. Is there a way to fix it without going to a dealer?

DIYJunkie

I have the same problem with my 2014 Heartland Torque 270hg. I can't work out in the back for fear of the bed potentially falling on me. Is there a way to fix it without going to a dealer?

Unless you can safely get the bed down on the rails and re-time the chains I would bring it to the dealer, especially if it is still under warranty.

The dealer said they had a tough time getting the bed down to re-time the chains.

Bullpaul

You should have four pins to stick through each rail when the bed is lifted all the way up. The problem I had was, Happy Jack didn't pre drill the holes in the proper place for this bed system. Therefore, before I would put my motorcycle in the back, I had the dealer drill 4 holes in the correct places so the pins would secure the floor. If you go to the Happy Jack web site, they specifically say to never haul anything in the back without the floor secured ( by the pins ) in the all the way up position.