Light switch

We just purchased a 2013 NT30RKDD there is no light switch when entering the travel trailer we would like to be able to install a light switch has anyone done this or do you have an alternate idea?

jimtoo

Hi RRESPRITEMK1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not familiar with the floor plan, but some of out other members will jump in and give some ideas soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Jim.Allison

You can buy a battery operated LED light at Lowes, the batts last forever and they give great light, that would keep you from having to wire a switch. I'm assuming you would like to be able to activate a light source from the entry so that you do not have to go searching in the dark for your actual entry light switch. There is a good selection of these on the light bulb aisle. I bought a motion activated one just the other day.

Thanks the next time I am at Lowe's or Home Depot I will check out there lighting section I am not sure about the Motion detector as that would come on with any movment or can you turn them off
after entry?