Relocating TV in 22FBS

Hello! My hubby and I are picking up our 2016 22FBS next month. We're not crazy about the TV placement on the kitchen wall and were wondering if anyone else tried relocating it to the hookup provided in the bedroom. And if one does that, do you need a separate DVD player or can the stereo/dvd player still work with the relocated TV?

jimtoo

Hi urbangirl211,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

When you go for PDI, or to pick it up, do a very good, slow inspection. Check everything from top to bottom and front to back. Make sure everything operates and you can operate everything. Have them have the water hooked up and check for leaks and even draining the tanks. Just check it all.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jnv

Hi urbangirl211,

To solve the TV viewing problem in our 2014 22FBS, we installed a "small full motion flat panel mount". It is made by videobasics, for 13" to 32" TV's, p/n VB35C. We got it at either Best Buy or HHgregg, can't remember which:). The TV bracket matched the back of our 24" LED HD TV. The wall bracket is rectangular with two mounting holes. When my husband installed the wall bracket he added metal "cable" loops. This way we can loop a bungee cord around the TV to hold it in place while traveling. The mount allows the TV to swing out in numerous postions and can even be viewed from the bedroom. We haven't installed a TV in the bedroom so I'm no help there.

You will love your NT, we sure do. Once you get settled in, come join the HOC club. The WI chapter is having a rally in August at Lake Delton. It will be a fun time with a lot of great people!

mbopp

I too put a swivel bracket and tie-down strap on the TV in our 21FBS. I believe I got the mount at Target.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought two of these from Camping World:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/master-mount-locking-cantilever-mount-small/51564

One in the living room, the other in the bedroom.

No need for straps as this swing mount has a built-in locking mechanism to lock the TV flat to the wall while towing!

This was the only self-locking TV mount I could find when I was looking . . .

I did go to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought some bigger mounting screws for the wall as the ones that came with it seemed too small for the job for inside an RV.