satellite hookup

bowtorc

WE have a new Mt. Rushmore and I am not sure how the receivers are hooked up inside. I know that you have two hookups out side but the bedroom has only one wire coming in. I assume that you put the receiver between the wall outlet and the tv then use the switch box downstars to switch between cable,satellite and antenna? The entertainment center downstairs has two unconnected cables in the cabinet(one green and one blue ) is this where the satellite goes? Thanks in advance for the help.

Roger

jbeletti

Hi Roger,

Your assumptions are right on track. I can walk you through the details of the connections, then Scott and others can add a finer point to it.

First, download and print the PDF diagram in the post found at this link.

The 2 satellite jacks in the UDC outside are as follows (in my trailer):
- Right jack goes to the entertainment cabinet and has a green tape on the end
- Left jack comes from a location in the roof (between trusses) on the door side, across from the TV antenna. This wire/jack is for a roof mounted satellite dish if you elect to add one. If you add a roof mounted satellite dish, to use it, you would install a jumper (loop) between the left and right jacks. This allows the satellite signal to go from the dish on the roof to the entertainment cabinet

The other unused cable in the entertainment cabinet (with blue tape) is an RF feed that goes to the VCR input of the Winegard RF switcher located in the coat closet. With this wire, you can feed any RF signal into the VCR input of the switcher and have that signal available to the bedroom TV and the TV jack located in the storage basement. For example, you can use it to feed satellite, or a VCR, another DVD player, or any other RF output source.

That all said, the ideal location for the satellite receiver is in the entertainment cabinet.

I don't mean to complicate this but just wanted to mention that you can add your own RF switcher and RF modulator in the entertainment cabinet and run all your video components into it so they are all available to your other TVs. Let me know if you want more info on this. I have done this and am pleased with the functionality and ease of use. All this was added to make up for the lack of inputs on the Heartland provided RCA receiver. I am considering replacing this receiver with a Sony home theater receiver that has several video inputs (for the satellite, VCR, DVD etc.).

Best of luck,

Jim

Scott

Cable TV/Satellite Hook Ups

Thanks for the assist on this one Jim. You are obviously up to date and in touch with how the Landmark audio/video systems works.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
I love it - forum members helping forum members - that's what this is all about.

ST

bowtorc

Hey, thanks loads for the help. I just wasn't sure about hookups. I think I might add another switch like you suggested in the ent. cabinet.

Roger