New to the site and Heartland

vajack

Buying a 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300 SK. Any input into the good or bad? Have owned fifth wheels over the years and have to say so far never had any major issues, just small stuff. Not sure yet how I feel about Heartland. Found one web site that had nothing good at all to say about Heartland products over all. mostly poor craftsmanship.

danemayer

Re: New to the site and Heartlaan

Hi vajack,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here and I'm sure you'll get some direct feedback shortly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: New to the site and Heartlaan

Unfortunately most product owners do not report the good side of ownership, but when an owner has a problem that's the story we hear the most.
Personally we are on our second Heartland product and will have no problem owning a third.

Peace
Dave

whp4262

I went from a bumper pull to a 5th wheel to a motor home and back to a 5th wheel all different brands and none of them were maintenance free. The more you can do yourself the better off you are. Preventative maintenance is huge with RVs. And I think the more you like the camper the less annoyed you will be when you have to fix something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Posz

We had a 2007 Sundance 3300SK from 2008 until last October. Traded it in on a 2014 Sundance 3310CL - mainly to get the washing machine hookups. The 3300SK is an easy floor plan to live with, and we put quite a few miles on it including a trip to Alaska. One piece of advice is to keep an eye on the caulking, particularly the roof seams and outside rear corners. If there are any gaps visible in the side caulking, remove and re-caulk with a good grade of elastomeric sealant. Use Dicor on the roof. Enjoy your unit. Jim

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a 2013 Sundance 3270res and loved it. We now have a 2015 landmark and it is a wonderful coach too. As with any rv look for water damage and leaks

gasman

Camp Socializer
We just took delivery on our second Big Country...for a reason. They all have issues but Heartland Customer Service has been remarkable.

OBX_Raineys

Have a Sundance 3310MKS fifth wheel. There have been a very few, small issues that our dealer has taken care of completely. The Sundance is certainly not the top Heartland product, but I'm very happy after the first year of ownership.

ManDak

We bought a new 2015 Sundance 3300 CK last fall. Can't wait until it warms up way up so we can try it out. This is an upgrade for us from a Wildwood TT. We looked at a lot of fifth wheels before going with this one and I can say that I was so impressed with the quality for the price. I felt it was very much comparable to the Jayco's and the higher priced Open Ranges. I preferred them over the quality of the keystone cougar and the coachman chaparral. That's just my opinion so far with out any actual experience yet towing or utilizing it.

jimtoo

We bought a new 2015 Sundance 3300 CK last fall. Can't wait until it warms up way up so we can try it out. This is an upgrade for us from a Wildwood TT. We looked at a lot of fifth wheels before going with this one and I can say that I was so impressed with the quality for the price. I felt it was very much comparable to the Jayco's and the higher priced Open Ranges. I preferred them over the quality of the keystone cougar and the coachman chaparral. That's just my opinion so far with out any actual experience yet towing or utilizing it.

Hi ManDak,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

In the last year we have gone from a NT21FBS to a Elkride E289 5er. Haven't had any issues with either to speak of except for a thermal fuse on the stove vent fan and had that traced by a Heartland Owners Club member at a rally. We'll be getting a Bighorn later this year. The best part of owning a Heartland product is you are now able to join the HOC. Then the fun starts and you can attend the rallys and start to put faces to the names of some of these great people.
BTW, Bernie, it was a Sefuse SF96E thermal fuse. It trips at 99 degrees F. Just ordered 5 for $5.00. Thanks for your help.
Enjoy your new rig and remember, at the rallys you will have a group of techs on hand to answer questions and help you out between all of the other activities.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
In the last year we have gone from a NT21FBS to a Elkride E289 5er. Haven't had any issues with either to speak of except for a thermal fuse on the stove vent fan and had that traced by a Heartland Owners Club member at a rally. We'll be getting a Bighorn later this year. The best part of owning a Heartland product is you are now able to join the HOC. Then the fun starts and you can attend the rallys and start to put faces to the names of some of these great people.
BTW, Bernie, it was a Sefuse SF96E thermal fuse. It trips at 99 degrees F. Just ordered 5 for $5.00. Thanks for your help.
Enjoy your new rig and remember, at the rallys you will have a group of techs on hand to answer questions and help you out between all of the other activities.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Another rig in what Two years? Boy, you weren't kidding about trading up one Ft at time were you.

I do. Just drove it home a few days ago. 2007 Sundance 3200ES. This is our famiky's first rv. I have 4 young kids and they are so excited!