How to turn my CD Player off

jsanders

I have a 2011 Trail Runner. How do I turn off power on my CD player without removing a battery cable or removing a fuse? I do not want the lights on CD player to run battery down.

danemayer

Hi jsanders,

There are several devices in your trailer that are considered parasitic current drains. They don't use much power, but if you're talking about leaving the rig in storage, the radio and the propane detector and perhaps other devices will drain the battery over a period of a few weeks. The best approach is to install an inexpensive battery cutoff switch.

If you're worried about current drain while boon docking for a few days, I'm not sure it draws enough power to worry about.

ncc1701e

I have a 2011 Trail Runner. How do I turn off power on my CD player without removing a battery cable or removing a fuse? I do not want the lights on CD player to run battery down.

When mine failed the main on/off switch on the unit actually went bad and the unit stayed on all the time. Yes, it will significantly drain the battery. Called th he factory for the CD player. Their answer was and I quote, "Install an externally mounted power switch in the panel next to the player." They did not even offer repair options, said main power switch on the units fail all the time....click. I have the battery lead to the back unplugged right now. Looking for some good replacement.

jsanders

I pulled the 15 amp fuse to radio/CD player this afternoon. I am thinking I will just put a battery cut-off switch to turn off all 12 volt power; however, I will consider doing what you did since apparently my power off on CD is not working either.

Jim.Allison

My AM/FM CD radio, is turned off by removing the front of it. One of the buttons will unlock the face and allow the entire front to pop off. The whole front of the radio is 1 assembly, the the buttons, display and the dials will come off as a unit.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My AM/FM CD radio, is turned off by removing the front of it. One of the buttons will unlock the face and allow the entire front to pop off. The whole front of the radio is 1 assembly, the the buttons, display and the dials will come off as a unit.

The Trail Runners have the large Jensen AM/FM/CD/DVD players without a removable face plate.

Here is ours (just to the right of the TV):

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

The only way to really unplug that Jensen system is to either pull the fuse, or just unhook the trailer battery(s).

We just keep our Trail Runner plugged in to the house all the time . . . so no battery drain issue!