Tetford Aqua Magic Bravura toilet issue

ronbo

Recently purchased a 2008 BigHorn 3400RL. Don't know if it is just me or if there is some trick to filling the toilet bowl. Our model is the single pedal flush and to fill you are suppose to press 1/2 way. I've only been able to accomplish getting water back in the bowl one or two times. I'm now to the point that I keep a gallon jug of water next to the toilet to add water. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if the pedal could be broke.

jimtoo

Hi ronbo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure of my model but to flush I push down and it will get a little back in the bowl. To fill it I need to lift up the pedal to make the water run. Maybe someone else will jump in soon that has one like yours and help out.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Mine is a "lift to fill" as well.

The new one coming tomorrow is supposed to be a 1/2 down, for fill, all the way for flush.

Garypowell

1/2 down is too far. By moving the peddle that far you open up the ball valve and what come in goes out. Try less pressure and as soon as you hear the water running stop.

It it also could be broken or the mechanism worn out. Call the manufacturer and describe the problem. The two times we have had trouble in our 20 years the manufacturer was more than helpful.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a 2008 3400RL and the fill procedure is to lift the pedal.

Peace
Dave

ronbo

Thanks everyone for your advice! I believe it also could be broken or the mechanism worn out--because if you hit just the right spot it will work fine. I'll call the manufacturer and see what they have to say. In our previous RV (that we had for 16 years) we never had an issue or replaced anything and we full timed in it for 8 years!