5th Wheel Cover, Yes or No for the Pacific Northwest?

MRBailey

Anyone have a 5th wheel cover? Reviews? Is it really necessary for the PacNorWest? It doesn't snow here, where it's parked it never gets direct sunlight. Just curious. We have wheel covers. Considering getting an RV cover as well. 2013 Heartland Big Country.

Robin and Matt.:cool:

branson4020

Icantre Member
Covers are a royal PITA to install/remove. Used my ADCO cover once and sold it to somebody else. I'l bet it's changed hands several times by now. Also, even though it was "breathable" it still promoted mildew growth on the roof.

Birchwood

Abrasion from the hold down straps and moisture due to lack of sunshine ....save your money and time.
Its just one of the hundreds of RV accessories that we don't need !!!

happykraut

After one season of use, my dealer could tell that I had covered my rig. Chafing is almost impossible to stop, no matter how tight you try to fasten the straps. DON'T do it.

GWRam

TT next us in storage lot put a new ADCO cover on his unit at end of Nov. it is now hanging and shredded. Rear corner torn thru, main awning ripped through. He and his wife spent a lot of time getting everything adjusted just right and 3 months or less later cover is ready for trash collector. Meanwhile the fabric shreds blowing in the breeze keep beating his camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One of my neighbors bought one for his 5th-wheeler a couple of years ago . . .

He used it that winter . . . and I haven't seen it since.