Mods to sundance 3400 qb

Schmidty

I wired the main slide, the two bunk slides, and the rear jacks to a wireless receiver. It works great. I also added a fireplace. Last but not least, I added a wifi unit that allows me to control the awning LED lights with a phone app. Running the wires to each motor for the slides was a lot of work, and a lot of wire (about 200'). The wireless receiver also allows me to control one light. I wish I could get a wire from the scare (I think that's what it's called) light to the storage compartment on the front of the camper. I may just add a light. Everything is wired into the 12volt system.

I forgot to mention a couple other items. I added two wireless cameras to the back of the camper. One is a birds-eye view camera, and the other is mounted directly in front of the receiver hitch I added (also wired in a 7 pin plug on the back, so I can pull the boat).

Best mods: cameras and wireless unit.

What have I learned after doing this: those of us that own campers pay a lot for something that is made really cheap. When I started digging into the camper, I was amazed at the lack of craftsmanship incorporated into what can't be seen until things get opened up. I took the main breaker/fuse panel out, and it truly looked like someone just kicked a hole in the panel behind it to run wires (I'm not exaggerating). When I removed the microwave, it looked like someone jabbed a screw driver into the 1/8" paneling above the range and twisted it around to make a hole to run the wires. I was truly amazed, but it is a mobile home on wheels.

It was a time consuming, but a satisfying process. I'm confident that I could fix anything that breaks (not much to a camper).

Last edited:

jbeletti

I wired the main slide, the two bunk slides, and the rear jacks to a wireless receiver. It works great. I also added a fireplace. Last but not least, I added a wifi unit that allows me to control the awning LED lights with a phone app. Running the wires to each motor for the slides was a lot of work. The wireless receiver also allows me to control one light. I wish I could get a wire from the scare (I think that's what's called) light to the storage compartment on the front of the camper. I may just add a light. Everything is wired into the 12volt system.

Like!

What brand/model receiver/controller did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD