RV funiture ??????

Delaine and Lindy

We have decided to take the Couch and two upgraded leather chairs out and replace them with a Lazy Boy Love seat thats called recline away. We have one like it in the stick house. We have removed the Rv funiture in the last two 5th wheels we have owned. Its just isn't comfortabe, we would advise everyone to have them deleted if your ordering a 5er. Will get the price for replacing the RV couch and funiture and give it to Goodwill and write it off our taxes. We don't travel with kids and have no need for extra place to sleep. GBY......

jbeletti

Delaine and Lindy,

I am picking up my Lazy Boy Recline Away chairs today. Didn't know they made a love seat in a Recline Away. I assume it's like 2 recliners in a sofa?

DennisZ

Jim
I've been looking at replacing my chairs also, with the Lazy Boys, what model did you get, are they the ones that are only 32" wide??

Thanks
Dennis

jbeletti

Dennis,

Here's what we ordered:

015512 Chaise Reclina-Way (Chair)
D925336 Copperfield (Fabric)

Cost with upgraded fabric, less discounts was $620 each

Yes, they are narrow. Don't recall the dimensions. I'll upload pics in a couple weeks when we get them into the trailer. Just picking them up today to take them with me to Elkhart in a couple weeks to put in the unit.

Delaine and Lindy

Hi Jim, yes they make a recline away Love seat we have one in the stick house. Just two recliners together, we had two Lazy Boy recliners in our other 5er 1 leather and 1 cloth that was a massage type worked great but couldn't sit close to my wonderful wife. We had to order the Love seat recline away. Will take 6 to 8 weeks, but we can use what we have until then. Still trying to get everything set up, kitchen, bedroom etc. Direct-Tv will be out next week to bring the Sattelite Dish (Tri-Pod mount) and the HD receiver and install it. Will get the second A/C installed in April. Then we are ready. Good Luck.. GBY....

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
Moving the Furniture

That sounds great! How easy (or hard) is it to get the old furniture out and the new stuff in through the entry door? The change to the loveseat sounds great! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaine and Lindy

Just have to remove the backs off the couch and chairs. Thats the reason we buy Lazy Boy because they aren't as heavy and the backs are easy to remove. We gave away the funiture in our last 5th wheel.. GBY...

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Furniture

Please look at this thread - //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3568&highlight=furniture+delete

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We changed one of the recliners with a glider for Patti. The recliner that came with our 3005 did not come apart like most recliners. We had to extend it all the way and then take it out sideways. It's pretty heavy to move out. We are considering a sofa change, too. I'll be interested in seeing the sofas that others choose.

Delaine and Lindy

Well don't know what you save by deleting the funiture. But I do know if you call and ask what it cost to replace the Couch and Leather recliners if will knock your socks off. We have found that by getting the cost of replacement for RV funiture and writing it off your taxes it will more than pay for your Lazy Boy replacement funiture, Love Seat and we also use a Glider with the Glider ottoman. Good Luck with your choice. GBY....

Go to our web site and you can scroll thru the Gallery and see what type Lazy Boy recliners and the Glider rocker.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We also replaced the sofa sleeper with a reclining loveseat from Ashley. When we first ordered the Bighorn we got the Euro chairs but after sitting in them for a while they became very uncomfortable. Last year in San Antonio we traded a neighbor with a brand new Sunnybrook even up for his recliners. Two happy campers. Suzi likes her new loveseat.

Attachments

• Suzi's Spot.JPG
    Suzi's Spot.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 61

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We didn't get the upgraded recliners in our Horn but DH and I find them comfortable enough to nap in frequently, lol. I had a wee kip on the couch today,,, mmmm.

Delaine and Lindy

Deliane, just ordered another Lazy Boy its called Lyle # 362. We will go with a Love seat recline-away and a Lazy Boy recline-away chair. It will be the same set we had in our other 5th wheel. Our Cambridge had a little more room in the living area, Kitchen and bedroom. But we believe this will work fine. And all will match, she ordered it in the same fabric. But it will take about 6 weeks, we still have a lot to do to get everything set up. Will install Pressure Pro system this week, and get appointment to have second A/C installed. And Direct-Tv install will be next Friday. Then we will have HDTV in the 5th wheel also. Life is good. GBY.....

Delaine and Lindy

retired4fun, we are also. I don't know of anyone making a Love Seat sleeper. We have a electric air mattress for emergency use only. If any of our grown up kids visit we put them nearest hotel, works for us. GBY...

Delaine and Lindy

Love seat Update!!!!!

Well went and pick-up the Love seat yesterday. And it is Awesome and as usual Delaine done a great job on color match, it looks like it came with the Landmark. But Lazy Boy got the wrong color on the Lazy Boy recline-away rocker. Had to re-order but the price got better this time:D. Removing the Couch air bed wasn't easy had to take it apart and it was still heavy. Much heavier than the Love seat recline-away. Life is good and Delaine is happy what else can a man ask for. GBY....

Last edited:

POPN4U

We have a 2008 Big Horn 3670 and after spending 8 months in it, decided the couch air bed and two recliners are very uncomfortable and take up a lot of room. We are looking for a love-seat recliner combo and a new recliner. Our concern is matching the decor. Has anyone gone back to Heartland for help on this?