RV Skirting

Codive

I am hanging around the dealership drooling, err I meaning admiring, the trailer I want to get. Just down the road there is a campground and a company advertising skirting. Anyone use this or anything similar?

http://rvskirting.com/

Jim.Allison

I am hanging around the dealership drooling, err I meaning admiring, the trailer I want to get. Just down the road there is a campground and a company advertising skirting. Anyone use this or anything similar?

http://rvskirting.com/

I have seen this on YouTube. It seems like a great idea. They will come out to your rig and customize a set for you. I bet that when a cold breeze blows in, they could be real handy. My wife wants a set, but that has to be a couple of hundred lbs of vinyl covered canvass.

Kosanko

Where I live in Az. I would be afraid of creating a critter habitat out of the weather..ie mice, rats, stray cats etc.

Jim.Allison

Where I live in Az. I would be afraid of creating a critter habitat out of the weather..ie mice, rats, stray cats etc.

I have a lot of time hiking in the desert south and southwest of Tucson, Az. I was tracking in the desert area near Sells, on the Papago indian reservation. I was making my way through some brush, when I ran into one of those big "buzz worms". So I decided to go another way, I took a few steps and there was another "buzz worm." I started looking around and I was surrounded by "buzz worms". I saw a western diamondback buzz worm that was longer than 6'2 inches and he had a head bigger than my fist. He looked like he ate and Arizona jack for breakfast.

To say the least, I could get really disturbed by AZ critters under my rig. I have rattlesnake PTSD.

Last edited:

Bohemian

Bulky, heavy, and takes up a great deal of room. IMHO, this is mostly for trailer that don't move, or not often.

Otherwise a great idea and it looks like the right company.

AAdams

Deb made one for our old RV. It helped when we were set for a few years. Now that we move a lot and always stay in warmer areas we feel one is not needed and would be cumbersome to have. If you plan on staying somewhere that is cold for a duration of time, a skirt really helps with the propane bill. I hope the RV you are looking at has plenty of storage, you will need it for the skirt, pipes, tie downs etc. not counting all the stuff you normally carry.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We stayed at an RV park on Hwy. 34 between I-25 and Loveland, CO (about a mile west of I-25 - can't remember the name of the park, but they are a Good Sam's park) a couple of years ago and in the space next to us there was an enclosed cargo trailer painted up with advertising and a phone number for RV skirting.

Just up the road from you . . . perhaps they can provide the same thing!

That was our first outing with our Trail Runner when it was brand new.

Here are a couple of shots:

Campout2012-PC250007.jpg Campout2012-PC270054.jpg

You can see the front of that trailer next to us in the first shot.

Codive

That's the same company. They moved down near Colorado Springs but they still have someone up north I think. I saw them about 5 miles south of I25/34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADIRKS30

That's the same company. They moved down near Colorado Springs but they still have someone up north I think. I saw them about 5 miles south of I25/34

Cant find the picture of skirting in the light, this picture is kinda dark. $1,200 made and installed by a local shop

We used this all winter this last winter, we moved prob 8 to 10 times while using it. It now only takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to put on or remove. It makes a HUGE difference in how warm our floor stays. When possible I would park slide over sewer or fresh water connection and it made things very simple for winterizing and not freezing anything up. I used 2" pvc pipe for holding it down, it worked good up to 40 to 50 mph wind gusts (Nebraska wind :mad:). I ran a small heater under the slide and we stayed alot warmer with our 2 small boys this winter. I now have just the 5th section on and it makes very nice garage/storage space for bikes, stroller, grill, etc. The biggest downside is the turnbuckle snaps that you have to have to hold it on and they are just on there now, but i love the skirting and would not do without it after having it.

Attachments

• 2015-02-11 20.05.11.jpg
    2015-02-11 20.05.11.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Codive

. The biggest downside is the turnbuckle snaps that you have to have to hold it on and they are just on there now, but i love the skirting and would not do without it after having it.

So the downside is the permanent turnbuckles, but otherwise you sound like you would go that route again

ADIRKS30

Yes, I didnt use the Colorado guy, I belive he has quit traveling. I have a local shop that I went to and he did it. For my situation, basically full time even in cold weather, I would not be without it. For someone only using their RV in the summer it probably is not worth it. Mine is very simple to set up and take down. I would say its a max of 30 min extra in set up, and a max of 20 min in takedown, but I work fast. :)