Trouble w/ Thermostat

rexnar

NEXT QUESTION HOW DO I GET THE FURNACE TO COME ON? Gas is on because the stove is working. LOVE OUR CAMPER just learning to operate is TAKING A FEW DAYS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Re: LG French door refrigerator

NEXT QUESTION HOW DO I GET THE FURNACE TO COME ON? Gas is on because the stove is working. LOVE OUR CAMPER just learning to operate is TAKING A FEW DAYS!!

I assume you've set the thermostat to HEAT and adjusted the temperature set point to a value warmer than it is in the coach. Did the furnace blower run for about 25 seconds and then shut off? Did it do that 3 times and then stop?

rexnar

I set the thermostat on auto and also tried furnace alone and nothing happened. The dealership said to leave it on auto and at certain temp and it would take care of itself. Nothing happened either way

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Rex not sure what tstat you have but on mine the auto is for fan. I still have to put it on cool or heat. Not sure how cool it is in N La but down here in swla I have been running my ac since Saturday. Now tomorrow night will be a different story though. Can you post a pic of you tstat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I set the thermostat on auto and also tried furnace alone and nothing happened. The dealership said to leave it on auto and at certain temp and it would take care of itself. Nothing happened either way

If you have a Dometic LCD Thermostat like below, you set it to HEAT. The fan speed is not for the furnace; it's the fan speed for the Air Conditioner's blower, and if on HIGH or LOW, it will run the overhead fan even when the furnace is running.

Cycle the mode to OFF and press the + or - button to see what ambient temperature the thermostat is reading.

Cycle the mode to OFF for 15 seconds and then back to FURNACE. If the thermostat setting is higher than the ambient temp, the furnace blower should start and run for about 25 seconds. If ignition of the burner is unsuccessful, after three ignition tries, the blower shuts down and the furnace goes into a safety lockout. Takes a 15 second reset of the thermostat to clear the lockout.

Is the furnace blower running at all?

And I should probably ask, do you have more than one thermostat in the rig? Cyclones may have up to three, but only one operates the furnace.

Attachments

• thermostat.png
    thermostat.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 18

rexnar

If you have a Dometic LCD Thermostat like below, you set it to HEAT. The fan speed is not for the furnace; it's the fan speed for the Air Conditioner's blower, and if on HIGH or LOW, it will run the overhead fan even when the furnace is running.

Cycle the mode to OFF and press the + or - button to see what ambient temperature the thermostat is reading.

Cycle the mode to OFF for 15 seconds and then back to FURNACE. If the thermostat setting is higher than the ambient temp, the furnace blower should start and run for about 25 seconds. If ignition of the burner is unsuccessful, after three ignition tries, the blower shuts down and the furnace goes into a safety lockout. Takes a 15 second reset of the thermostat to clear the lockout.

Is the furnace blower running at all?

And I should probably ask, do you have more than one thermostat in the rig? Cyclones may have up to three, but only one operates the furnace.
Yes that's the Tstat we have. It's one in bedroom,living room and toy hauler.

OEFVET

The one in the bedroom is the one that operates the furnace. The other two only operate the air and fan.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hmm. I only have two in my BC but one in main salon area controls heat not upstairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

My 2015 4200 uses the one in the bedroom to control the furnace. I suppose the 4100 could be different.