Considering a Sundance...thoughts? is this a good deal on price?

tazzy

Hi everyone...we're thinking about getting a Sundance 3012 RE as our first RV. A dealer about 90 minutes from our house, so not too far, quoted us a price of $***** for this online. Is that a good deal?

Is there another model we should consider instead? We're not tied to that particular floor plan. We simply want at least two slideouts (living area and bedroom) and we don't want a bunkhouse but we do want to sleep six people with the table turning into a bed instead of the freestanding dinette.

Thanks in advance for any advice and the pros and cons of this model vs. the others.

Oh, also, we have a 1 ton truck with a long bed and I see it mentioned that the Sundance is for 1/2 ton trucks. Should we move to another Heartland model because we can pull more or is the Sundance sturdy enough?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

roazo

Sundance Owner
Have you looked at the 3300SK, We like the open floor plan . Ours will sleep 6 with the built in dinette. I know it says you can use a 1/2 ton, but you will see that everyone will use a 3/4 or ton truck.Good luck on your purchase.There is a lot of info found on this forum.

Welcome and hope you join the Heartland Family.

tazzy

Sorry, Jim, for posting the price. I didn't mean to break a rule with my first post! Please forgive me. :)

Roazo, thanks for the tip on the 3300SK. I printed out all the Heartland floorplans from their website and that one looks very nice, too.

Does anyone know the specs on the heights of the various floorplans? I looked at the online specs and didn't see that. Our barn has a door that is 12' 8" tall and we have to make sure our RV is less than that. Even a couple inches shorter than that would work just fine. Thanks!

----------------------
No worries tazzy. Welcome to the forum.
Jim