under bed drawers

thebehrs

I have a 2015 26LRSS Calibre. I would like to put drawers under the bed in the bedroom. As it is, half of the bed lifts open to expose the storage space. What I have in mind is 4 drawers opening toward the bedroom door. Has anyone tried this modification? Do you have any advice? Where can I get drawer boxes and faces? Thank you. Tony

jimtoo

Hi Tony,

You might check and see what Doublegranch did under his mattress at this link, post #29.

Might give you an idea and if you need a door you could call Heartland customer service and ask for parts. 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 If you have one in another location in your unit that would work be sure and have VIN when you call and maybe even a picture.

Jim M

thebehrs

Thanks Jim. That's getting close. It gives me some ideas. Guess, after this coming summer, I'll give it a try. May be able to get drawer boxes and fronts from Home Depot. I'll post pictures after its done. Assuming its not embarrassing, but I've built some cabinets before so it should work out just fine. Thanks. Tony