Augusta-bedroom cabinets

ChopperBill

Friends of ours bought an Augusta recently and I swore they had cabinets above the bed. All the new stuff I am looking at has no cabinets. An option?

Not shown in the Landmark brochure. Nor over the dinette either. I've been comparing the Landmark with the Big Horn series and the lack of cabinets over the bed and dinette and a minus for us.

Last edited:

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I agree,,, we are looking to get a Landmark sometime down the road and I don't like the missing cupboard space above the dinette. I think the window size in our Horn is more than sufficient,,,Lizzy

jbeletti

My 2005 Landmark Mt. Rushmore did not have cabinets over the dinette or the bed. I did have cabinets in the dinette slide but over the chairs/sofa, not the dinette set (table/chairs).

Delaine and Lindy

Just as Jim replyed, we have the 2009 Landmark Augusta and its the same. I will tell you if you fill all the storage thats in the Landmarks, you will be very Heavy. Don't go to the Cat scales, you will get a shock. With the cost of Diesel fuel, and the more weight you tow I am watching very close as to what Delaine is loading the Landmark with. When we were full timing we had a lot of stuff that we never used, now since we have been there and done that we know better. The term simplify is used very often. And we also bought a lot of STUFF that wasn't needed, but it we thought if they needed it well maybe we did. Thats not true. The storage in the Landmark is very sufficient. Weight is very critical when loading the 5er. If you aren't careful you will be over weight or over pin weight. Good Luck.... GBY.....

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Actually we have been fulltiming for a year ourselves and I am quite aware of the space needed and the difference between "need" and "want". We live in the 3670rl (same floor plan as the Augusta but more cupboard space) and I happen to like the extra space because I decorate cakes which requires a lot of equipment. We would be looking at a Kodiak or an RXT to tow with so pin weight would NOT be an issue,,, Lizzy

Delaine and Lindy

The Chevy Kodiak 4500 is a awesome Truck, we had a 2006 with the Chariot Hauler bed. Really miss that Truck but Delaine couldn't see out the right side mirror. The Kodiak we had was loaded Link Air ride suspension, Air ride seats, Air ride 5th wheel. We found the Truck while in Elkhart at the Chariot Factory, and Delaine set in those Air ride seats so we found the Dealer who was having it upfitted and we to Ala. and picked it up a took it home. However it only had a 26,000 lb towing capacity and the Truck weight was 10,900 lbs when ready to tow. We did have a 98 gal fuel tank so when full of fuel it was 148 gals. With the Cambridge, loaded up when full timing our total weight was 27,600 lbs. But at 68 mph would get 10 mpg. GBY...

The 4 door Fridge takes up a lot of space, but we want be full timing and want need a lot of space. We almost got a 3670RL but changed to a 3600RL which I think had more space, but then changed to a Landmark, she happy and thats all that matters.

Delaine and Lindy

Before getting the Chevy Kodiak, we spec'd out a Freightliner (Sundowner) final cost was $130,000. The Internationals were just being upfitted and we didn't price them out but you can bet it will be over $100,000. There is a place in Az called Mountain Master that upfits the Freightliners their price was in the upper 80's, but our budget woudn't go there. We had $63,500 in our Kodiak, and I believe that was a great price. I traded it for a 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW all options, and a 2007 Chevy HHR Key for Keys, no money involved. And I still lost money :mad:. I do miss the Kodiak. I love the option which allowed be to dump the Air and lower the rear of the Truck (called Kneeling) to hook or unhook the 5er. GBY....

happyrover

Cabinets and weight

Delaine and Lindy,

I have a 2008 Landmark Grand Canyon, #006187. I have no cabinets over the dining area but do have cabinets over the bed. I have problems with all the weight figures as published in the Heartland brochures myself. They give the dry weight of this unit as 12,600# and GVWR as !6,000#. I had mine weighed a month ago and I weigh 17,925# with a pin weight of 3,975#, brochure says 2,300# As you can see, I am just a shade over the limit. If I threw out 1,925# I wouldn't have any furniture or anything else. Am towing with a 2007 Dodge 3500 dually and it is doing just fine, and I admit I am weeding out items due to weight. Would love one of the BIG BOYS, but not close to my price range.

Maybe we will get to see you guys at the Branson Rally.

Mel & Nina Harrison
HappyRoversNoneNone

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well, the good news is. The DH wont have go shopping as much with DW:p. We can't even fill the cabinets we have now in the 2955RL, but not for the want of DW trying:rolleyes:. BOB:D:D:D

Delaine and Lindy

Happrover, I feel your pain, just pull the weight ticket (Cat Scale) and my Gross weight was 22,180 with just propane in the two 40 pounders. So we can add 1,320 lbs. The weight that is listed in all the 5th wheels we have owned is incorrect. We have a 2008 Chevy 3500 DRW, so I have to really watch Delaine she will load the Landmark up... We will be in Branson, and will see you there....... GBY.....