Full Time Winter 2016

Piperflyer

I am going to be a new full timer and am looking for several places to stay for the winter of 2016. I thought some of you veteran full timers could recommend some nice places in the SW that I can stay, without keeping the heat on. I was thinking AZ or TX, but have not really done any RVing in the west, just the east coast. It is time to go west and I want to go through a winter without being cold. I want to be able to keep my shorts on, instead of having to be all bundled up.
Thanks

jbeletti

I am going to be a new full timer and am looking for several places to stay for the winter of 2016. I thought some of you veteran full timers could recommend some nice places in the SW that I can stay, without keeping the heat on. I was thinking AZ or TX, but have not really done any RVing in the west, just the east coast. It is time to go west and I want to go through a winter without being cold. I want to be able to keep my shorts on, instead of having to be all bundled up.
Thanks

Going to be hard to find a place you can winter where you won't have to use the heater as winter temps can be funny.

Consider south Florida. I mean, real far south as in the Keys. As far south in the Keys as your budget allows.

South TX can be real nice in the winter but I've used my heater there and even been in an ice storm. You just never know.

MTPockets

We were in FL for five years but travelled North & West in summers. It's a long ride from Washington back to FL, so this year we tried Tucson, AZ. Weather, climate is great! Wish we had started wintering here years ago.

jimtoo

Thanks

HI Piperflyer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will be welcome to South Texas as a winter Texan. The valley area is growing and becoming a very popular area along with the coastal area near Corpus Christi. It is much less expensive than the Florida area I have been told, and if you check the prices I think you will be able to confirm that also. And number one is you will be around a lot of great people.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Oh,, also judging by your name,,, we have lots of great flying weather down here. :)

happykraut

I thought some of you veteran full timers could recommend some nice places in the SW that I can stay, without keeping the heat on.
Thanks
Don't come to the lower Rio Grande Valley in Texas without your heaters.

mobilcastle

Is it windy in the west during winter months? We have been traveling in the west this spring and it seems to be very windy to say the least in TX,AZ,NM. My slide covers flap all night long. First time I have been in the west so I have very limited knowledge. We spent the winter in FL and did not have the wind.

Piperflyer

Is it windy in the west during winter months? We have been traveling in the west this spring and it seems to be very windy to say the least in TX,AZ,NM. My slide covers flap all night long. First time I have been in the west so I have very limited knowledge. We spent the winter in FL and did not have the wind.
Is there something you could weight them done with or secure them down to keep from flapping? Anybody