Garage Happi-Jak Lower Bunk/Bench Seat Support

intored

In our '13 3010, the lower bench seats of the Happi-Jak system have (4) fold out supports under the benches that I suppose should contact the garage floor when in use? This weekend we had guests stay over for the first time and thought we would give the garage bed a try. After pivoting the support arms down and lowering the bunk to the bottom position, the supports were still almost 2" away from contacting the floor? Are the supports the wrong length or is the limit switches incorrectly set? I'm not sure if there is enough stroke left in the Happi-Jak tracks to account for this discrepancy. Does everyone else use the center braces?

jimtoo

Hi intored,

Call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call and maybe even a picture. I think there have been some with the wrong legs shipped.

Jim M

TX_Clay

Our 2015 3010 was the same way. Called H.L. and they sent the correct legs directly to me. Simple to swap out.

intored

Thanks for the help guys, I talked to Customer Support and they wouldn't warranty them because I am not the original owner. My conversation included "what difference does that make when the factory installed the wrong ones?" and the CR representative responded with "maybe the original owner installed the shorter braces themselves". Really?! So he offered to sell the the correct ones for $50.00/each (4 are required). What a freaking joke, I'll be modifying these myself.

Lynn1130

Check the track for the bunks and see if there is a 1" square metal piece in each track stop spot held in by a hexscrew. If so you should be able to move them to a lower location thus allowing the bottom bunk to drop to a lower position.

intored

I'll take a look, but from memory it didn't look like there was any room left in the track to allow the bunks to drop lower. I'll be stopping by storage this week as it looks like I need to take some measurements to determine the best option for correcting the wrong leg length.